A geeky girl living in the big city, making her way, the only way she knows how... no wait, that's The Dukes of Hazzard. Who am I again? Oh yeah, a pop culture obsessed writer, publishing person, and occasional nerd. And I'm getting married. I talk about that, too.

Wednesday, August 09, 2006

Well, fine, Iskander...

I'll just tag myself!
  1. Grab the nearest book.
  2. Open the book to page 123
  3. Find the fifth sentence
  4. Post the text of the next 3 sentences on your blog along with these instructions

Don't you dare dig for that "cool" or "intellectual" book in your closet! I know you were thinking about it! Just pick up whatever is closest, then tag three people.

So, from "Angels Fall" by Nora Roberts

"She must have been wearing earrings. I wasn't paying enough attention."
"I'd say you're wrong about that."
Woot! How's that for excitement?

Yeah, I know. Hard to say, right? It's in the middle of a scene where a witness to a murder is telling the local sheriff what she saw. Anyway, I'm a fan of Roberts. Her books are always entertaining, with a great love story, and she writes some of the best second bananas in the business.

I'm almost done with "Angels Fall", and one of the books I'm looking forward to reading this weekend at the beach is "Journey to a Revolution" by Michael Korda. Here's three sentences from page 123.
The eyes beneath them were flinty. Very slowly I let the camera down on my chest and held my hands up. Right then and there I decided that MI-6 was going to have to do without my photographs.
Cool, huh?

Ok, I tag Yi Shun (because she needs to get back into the habit of posting more often!), Dave (because I know he'll do it), and Doyce.

1 Comments:

Blogger nobody said...

(Close-up, Leroux (straight-on, R-eye shadowed/lupine))
[Leroux]:"But I could give her my trust, and with it, she took your place as leader.

(Close-up, Ein (profile, lifting cigarette to lips))
[Leroux]:"But she is neither the pacifist nor the idealist you are."

(Ein looking up at full moon, blows smoke up towards the sky)
[*FX*]Fwoooo

(Close-up, Ein's eye (hooded))
[Ein]: "Oh, Leroux. What have you done.

---------
.... what? I wanted to see how it would translate to a graphic novel. >.> The nearest 'real' books are computer textbooks and would be dreadfully stuffy.

8/10/2006 2:10 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home