A geeky girl living in the big city, making her way, the only way she knows how... no wait, that's The Dukes of Hazzard. Who am I again? Oh yeah, a pop culture obsessed writer, publishing person, and occasional nerd. And I'm getting married. I talk about that, too.

Tuesday, August 01, 2006

"This isn't good cop, bad cop..."

"This is fag and New Yorker."

Ha! Just finished watching the DVD of "Kiss Kiss Bang Bang," and the above was one of the many lines that made me laugh out loud in my darkened, cool apartment.

Where, I'm sure you'll be glad to hear, our old friend Wee Murphy has made a re-appearance. Then again, the fellow I saw tonight was rather speedy. It may have been Wee Murphy's cousin Mickey "Flash" Gordon. Oh joy.

Speaking of cool, yes, you may have heard NYC is in the grip of a ridonkulous heat wave. Imagine turning your oven on to 100 degrees, and stepping inside it. It was totally like that. As a treat tonight, I had one of these, which was... oh... like sweet, sweet sin wrapped in cookie crumbs and ice cream. On a steeeeeeeek.
Anyway, go rent "Kiss Kiss Bang Bang." Val's looking a hell of a lot pudgier than when I lusted for him in "The Saint," but he's back to the funny of "Real Genius."

And Robert Downey, Jr.'s an almost perfect noir narrator. Aside from when he's not. Which is also funny.

Go see it! Here's a teaser. Trust me, it's even funnier than it looks.

3 Comments:

Blogger Ali said...

God how I love Robert Downey, Jr. Why does he have to be such a freak in real life?

8/02/2006 8:57 PM

 
Blogger Rob S. said...

KKBB is in the little pile of Netflix discs atop or TV. Maybe I will get to it before those last two episodes of Deadwood...

8/03/2006 3:16 PM

 
Blogger Rob S. said...

Just watched it last night. What a fun movie.

8/06/2006 3:31 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home