A geeky girl living in the big city, making her way, the only way she knows how... no wait, that's The Dukes of Hazzard. Who am I again? Oh yeah, a pop culture obsessed writer, publishing person, and occasional nerd. And I'm getting married. I talk about that, too.

Wednesday, August 09, 2006

I am unpopular

Ah well. Added my two cents to a discussion on Miss Snark, and came out of it reeling. Let's see: I was called boorish, petty, surly, and vindictive. Whee! It's a banner day in ktbuffy-land.

Years after the fact (wow, has it been that long?), someone anonymously calling me names doesn't change how I think. I'm quite certain I did the right thing in the situation. Will I rethink future comments on Miss Snark? Perhaps. I'm not about to go clarifying the matter for the commenters there any further. I was trying to add to a discussion, and, in so doing, set myself up for any matter of responses. That's what the internet is all about, ain't it, kids?

In the end, it doesn't matter. I do my job well, and my clients and business associates appreciate it. Miss Snark, in her inimitable way, says it six or seven times a day, but the crux of it is: each agent's different. If you're a writer, you want to find the best one for you. For my clients, at the moment, it's me. Yay!

1 Comments:

Blogger ***Dave said...

Well, *we* don't think you're surly, KT!

8/09/2006 8:34 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home