A geeky girl living in the big city, making her way, the only way she knows how... no wait, that's The Dukes of Hazzard. Who am I again? Oh yeah, a pop culture obsessed writer, publishing person, and occasional nerd. And I'm getting married. I talk about that, too.

Thursday, August 03, 2006

Dear god!

This? Is Tom Petty! Tom.Petty. Dear god, man, what HAPPENED to you? You look like a cheap Muppetized version of yourself! It's like something out of bad horror film starring a plastic Hollywood-aged wax figure of yourself in another decade. Man! I don't like to recommend plastic surgery, but go get that taken care of!

Excuse me, I have to go wash my eyeballs out with bleach. As you were.

9 Comments:

Blogger Ann Aguirre said...

The man's 56 and entitled to some lines. I imagine his face is a pretty accurate road map of good times and hard living. Celebrities aren't immortal. They're just people.

Suggesting surgery for signs of aging is pretty superficial, I think, especially when music is his thing. How does his face impact his ability to play?

I give him credit for letting nature take its course.

8/03/2006 6:53 PM

 
Blogger ktbuffy said...

Trust me, I take my suggestion of plastic surgery very seriously, and normally I would never suggest it. But that? That is NOT NORMAL. That's some nasty shite gone bad. Way bad. I expect the Fug Girls to have something to say imminently, if they haven't already.

8/03/2006 10:04 PM

 
Blogger Ali said...

Damn, aging is a bitch.

8/03/2006 10:47 PM

 
Blogger ***Dave said...

Actually, it would be fine 'twere it not for the "lovable beatnik" hairstyle straight from 1965. Makes him look like an aging bubblegum pop star.

8/04/2006 9:55 AM

 
Blogger Rob S. said...

I agree, Dave -- it's that the face doesn't go with that hair at all.

Fact is, though -- even when I was listening to his music a lot, i always thought TP looked a bit like Nosferatu.

8/04/2006 10:31 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That picture looks like some of the later ones of Justin Hayward.

8/05/2006 9:48 AM

 
Blogger Unknown said...

Chemical Peel:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Special:Random

8/07/2006 5:28 PM

 
Blogger Unknown said...

Ooops. Sorry. Wrong link:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chemical_peel

8/07/2006 5:29 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

maybe you just want him to look like he did when he was a dashing pop star... look around at anyone one else with wrinkles walking the streets, folks who you don't know as someone once young and famous, and i bet you wouldn't suggest face lifts for them (i say outlaw them but then we'd end up with back-alley faceliftists, and people would start dying)

he looks happy to me

8/09/2006 4:45 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home