A geeky girl living in the big city, making her way, the only way she knows how... no wait, that's The Dukes of Hazzard. Who am I again? Oh yeah, a pop culture obsessed writer, publishing person, and occasional nerd. And I'm getting married. I talk about that, too.

Thursday, August 17, 2006

Every little thing I do

From today's horoscope:
It's like there's a giant magnifying glass on your life right now, and every little thing you do is definitely magic! Your slightest movement could cause some major earthquakes that shift around the status quo and make people notice you in a whole new light. Everything is starting to fall into place in terms of your health or physical routine. It's about time you realized that if you put real effort into something, real results will come out of it.
Another exciting number regarding my cult: 17 pounds. Woot! And I've been very good about getting to the gym, trying out a yoga class and going swimming, and plan on hitting another class tonight that Courtney recommended.

Still waiting for more news on HtDaS. On pins and needles, still trying to be patient and not pester my agent, at the same time as I've mostly tried to keep things to myself (and, well, blabbed about it here) so as not to jinx things. My sister told my cousin about it last weekend, but presented it as much more of a fait accompli than the less-than-sure thing it is at the moment. I may have been a wee bit too rambunctious in my denials, as if placating the voodoo gods who might otherwise call down a hex on me. Sorry, cuz!

What else? Booked my flights to Germany for the book fair in October, and have tagged on an additional week in Prague. Can't wait! If anyone's been, I'd be grateful for ideas or thoughts about things to see and do. I have a big, beautiful picture book, but it's more coffee table book than guidebook, so I'll have to do my reading beforehand, and take notes. Still, I'll be sure to stop by the location of the famed Defenstration of Prague. I mean, how could I miss THAT?

I have my eye on a new dress to buy for the trip -- just waiting for it to go on sale -- and if other recent exploratory dives into my closet hold true, I may be able to get some use out of some older suits and such too, which were otherwise languishing in the "I can't quite fit into these right now" section. I will allow myself a treat when I hit the next WW milestone, though. I made Doyce promise to take to me to the big, glorious mall next to the DSW next time I'm in Denver, and I think there will have to be some shopping being done. Again, I say... woot!

1 Comments:

Blogger Ali said...

AWESOME! Awesome, awesome, awesome. I marvel and aspire. (You go get that dress!)

Nice work, girl.

8/21/2006 10:36 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home