A geeky girl living in the big city, making her way, the only way she knows how... no wait, that's The Dukes of Hazzard. Who am I again? Oh yeah, a pop culture obsessed writer, publishing person, and occasional nerd. And I'm getting married. I talk about that, too.

Friday, August 25, 2006

Once more unto the beach!!

How is it that I never used the above title before? It's so pithy and perfect!

Anyway, yes, I'm heading down to the beach this afternoon, catching a ride with my sister is her sweet little silver convertible (although it may rain, so poo), for my last summer shore weekend. Got a library book to finish by Monday, a Nora Roberts sure-to-enjoy novel, and a YA title, just because it's cute and light. Was hoping to catch a movie at the cheapo little $3 theatre the next town up from ours, but the theatre's showing "You, Me, & Dupree," as opposed to something I actually want to see. Maybe I'll borrow my sister's car (no, not the convertible. That will likely NEVER happen) and drive up to the multiplex and catch "Pirates 2", "The Devil Wears Prada," or any one of the other dozens of movies I feel like I haven't seen this summer. "The Illusionist" looks good, although that's more of a fall film than a summer one, and I still need a little light summer cheese. MMmmmmmm... cheese.

So, to one and all. Have a great weekend, and I'll see ya next week!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home