A geeky girl living in the big city, making her way, the only way she knows how... no wait, that's The Dukes of Hazzard. Who am I again? Oh yeah, a pop culture obsessed writer, publishing person, and occasional nerd. And I'm getting married. I talk about that, too.

Wednesday, August 23, 2006

Lists lists lists lists Liiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiists!

So, via Popwatch, I read about some guy named James Gunn (directed a little movie called Slither, apparently, and is married to some chick in a so-they-tell-me-it's-funny tv show called The Office) who made up a list of his 25 favorite tv characters. And he's got some on there that I can agree with, so woot. And then he went and forgot a certain Captain Tightpants, and the peeps got all up in arms and went blogging about it. And then this other guy felt he had the right to make his own list. Which, ok, not bad. Lots more I agree with, and, oh yeah, the funny. So, a few of my own. No caveats except I have a mind like a sieve and a sucky memory.

  1. Xander. Peoples have said Buffy and Spike already, but for that speech in Season 7 alone, to Dawn, which damn near makes me weep just thinking about it... my man Xander.
    They'll never know how tough it is, Dawnie, to be the one who isn't chosen. To live so near to the spotlight and never step in it. But I know. I see more than anybody realizes because nobody's watching me. I saw you last night. I see you working here today. You're not special. You're extraordinary.
  2. Keith Mars. Again, VM and Logan have been noted, but Keith and Veronica's relationship is the heart of Veronica Mars, and when VM thought he was dead, and woke up from a dream thinking he was back, but it wasn't him cooking bacon, it was Logan, and then Keith DID show up? So good.
  3. Oh! I can't remember his name, but the guy with the tail from that episode of The X-Files, you know, one of the funny ones? You're going to make me google it, aren't you? Fine! It's Eddie Van Blundht, played by Darrin Morgan, in the episode "Small Potatoes." Funny guy. Morphs into Mulder and mocks him mercilessly. I need to see that again.
  4. Lorelei Gilmore on Gilmore Girls.
  5. What's her name on Wonderfalls, the one who talked to kitschy knicknacks.
  6. Wash. Oh, Wash.
  7. Marshall on Alias.
  8. Crichton on Farscape, especially when he was crazy. Unless maybe I really liked
  9. The Scorpius in Crichton's head on Farscape.
  10. MacGyver. To this day, I still remember to smoosh up some heart medicine pills in a bubble gum wrapper, stick them to a door, and throw a shoe at it in order to blow the lock.
  11. Faceman on The A-Team. MJ will protest that the true star of the show was H.M. Murdoch, but my heart belonged to Dirk Benedict. Oh, Starbuck. Before you turned into a girl.
  12. Hawk on Buck Rogers. I can't explain.
  13. This is going to haunt me, I know, but Bo on The Dukes of Hazzard. Another childhood crush.
  14. David Addison on Moonlighting.
  15. And Autolycus on Hercules and Xena. Because I love me some Bruce Campbell.

See? I left myself room for ten more, because I know I'll come back in a few days/hours/minutes and wonder how I could have forgotten one of my favorites.

7 Comments:

Blogger Boulder Dude said...

Xander?!?

Xander?!?

*smacks Xander with 2x4*

He was ok for the first couple of seasons as a bit of comic relief, but that was it.

That and bad things needed to happen to him for leaving Anya standing at the alter.

I will have to ponder this and come up with one of my own.

8/23/2006 3:10 PM

 
Blogger Unknown said...

You forgot Tahmoh Penikett. :)

8/23/2006 3:56 PM

 
Blogger ktbuffy said...

Oh, Tahmoh. *sigh* No, it's still a little too soon to tell. I debated a number of characters on Battlestar, but no one jumped out at me that hadn't already been mentioned on other lists.

8/23/2006 5:08 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

It's funny. I was just telling someone the other day about how I had a soft spot for Hawk on Buck Rogers. I'm probably one of the few who actually liked that whole "let's do the Star Trek thing" later part of the series better than the "how can we save the Earth THIS week?" earlier part...

8/23/2006 5:35 PM

 
Blogger DeAnna said...

They killed Wash! Waaaaaahhhh!

Sniff.

I would have gone for Luke myself.

And you leave Xander alone!

8/24/2006 8:51 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Jaye Tyler. The girl on "Wonderfalls" was Jaye Tyler played by the lovely French Canadian actress Caroline Dhavernas. (And yes I own the whole DVD collection, shut up)

Also, I'd like to third the Xander love. I'm a very occasional Buffy watcher, but got sucked in when Willow went all super-witchy and his speech to her at the tree thingy was extrordinary.

amanda *hee*

8/24/2006 1:16 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Murdock. With a K. Murdock. And don't make me come over there and explain for nine hours Murdock's clear and obvious superiority.

Don't get me wrong. I am not against Face. No sir. My heart is open to the entire Team (with the exception of Frankie "Dishpan" Santana from season 5 who never belonged there and was never truly a member).

Murdock is so where it's at. Just a few examples.

Face could:

- drive a car
- wear a suit
- lie (not even that well)

Murdock could

- fly any plane, helicopter, or other craft better than almost anyone else in existance

- if lacking said craft, could readily build one

- speak Chinese and Vietnamese

- do a decent English accent (unlike Face)

- do high-level mathematics

- lie convincingly

He also ltierally took a bullet for Hannibal and saved the others from the firing squad (with the aid of Frankie "Dishpan" Santan, in his only useful moment).

I ask you, readers of this forum, is Murdock not the clear choice?

8/25/2006 10:28 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home