A geeky girl living in the big city, making her way, the only way she knows how... no wait, that's The Dukes of Hazzard. Who am I again? Oh yeah, a pop culture obsessed writer, publishing person, and occasional nerd. And I'm getting married. I talk about that, too.

Thursday, June 29, 2006

Did it!

Celebrating a wee bit of accomplishment tonight, having done my laundry for the first time in over a month. Now, ok, I know that sounds odd. To be perfectly honest, in the last many weeks, I have SENT my laundry out to be washed and dried, and not-so-neatly folded for me, but when I do that, I always hold back a couple of things that I want to wash gently, or hang dry, or something like that. Today, finally, I tackled what had thus become a not-insubstantial pile. Two loads, once I threw in a few others things that had accumulated since the last time I sent my wash out. But now... ah!

All my shirts are neatly on hangers, their fresh, clean scent filling my room. My unmentionables drawer is stocked full again. The bathroom shower rod sports two pair of pants and a pair of shorts, happily air-drying. And I can once more wear any one of my favorite shirts, or newest shirts -- always the first ones to be worn after I do a load of laundry.

And so, with that looming task completed, I will happily settle in on my couch in front of the television, keeping company with the roomie while we watch a DVD on a rainy summer night. And then, tomorrow...

SUPERMAN RETURNS!!!

As does Doyce. So yay! :)

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am so glad I'm not the only person who does that EXACT SAME THING with the laundry.

6/29/2006 10:50 PM

 
Blogger ***Dave said...

And they're both flying in ... MERE COINCIDENCE?

6/30/2006 8:51 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home