A geeky girl living in the big city, making her way, the only way she knows how... no wait, that's The Dukes of Hazzard. Who am I again? Oh yeah, a pop culture obsessed writer, publishing person, and occasional nerd. And I'm getting married. I talk about that, too.

Friday, June 23, 2006

Friday Funnies!

And what's funnier than spam, I ask you? Nothing!

Those spammers are getting creative, I tell you. Herewith a selection of recent subject lines, arranged in a manner of my choosing, with a few extra words (in caps) thrown in by yours truly, just to really make it SING.
Title: Women in Love

"Oh that I were dead!" she murmured,
MOUTH OPEN IN a pale, long face.
This was Hermione Roddice, a friend of the FOREST
Warning, chiding, spake in this wise:
And though Shingebis, the diver, WARNED
"Don't look back...
Lest the West-Wind come and harm you!"
Pleasant was the landscape round him.

At the door my nets are hanging,
Waving like a hand that beckons,
From the great lakes of the Northland,
Little, dancing, white-fire creature,
Stop ignoring me

"Minne-wawa!" said the Pine-trees,
SHE saw the wild rice, Mahnomonee,
With his garments green and yellow,
What?? Chronicle?
This is incredible.
They're just like the original.

Wildly glaring at each other;
Though the wild-flowers of the meadow
He could shoot ten arrows upward, towards the church.
HERMIONE sent the bluebird, the Owaissa, SINGING
"You had gazed at with such longing,
Not a squirrel clamber o'er them!"

All her life, she had sought to make herself invulnerable.
NOW SHE DIED
There, in the lowest bend of the road, low under THE PINE-TREES
TO your health, Non-British MAN.
Be cool!
Barely had to add a thing. I think those spammers are getting creative. Either that, or a whole series of emails were sent to me with lines of poetry as their subject headings, and I just didn't recognize any of them. Did you? Somebody google them for me, or search wikipedia, if you're bored.

1 Comments:

Blogger ktbuffy said...

Update!! Apparently, some of the lines above are from "The Song of Hiawatha." Who knew?

6/23/2006 4:17 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home