A geeky girl living in the big city, making her way, the only way she knows how... no wait, that's The Dukes of Hazzard. Who am I again? Oh yeah, a pop culture obsessed writer, publishing person, and occasional nerd. And I'm getting married. I talk about that, too.

Monday, June 26, 2006

Growing gills and flippers

It's been a wet, soggy, hot and humid weekend here at ktbuffy central. My hair curled. Seriously. Like, ringlets. It was odd and unnatural.

Had a fabu night out on Friday, first hitting our buddy Trey's Lounge for happy hour cervezas, then grabbing a slice of pizza on the muggy way to karaoke. Did my standards of "Closer to Fine" and "Son of a Preacher Man," as well as a hilarious duet of The Partridge Family's "I Think I Love You" with the Keelster, while others rocked "Scenes from an Italian Restaurant," "American Pie," and Shakira. Also got to spend time with T's little sister Jenni, in between her globe-trotting adventures, which was great.

Saturday I woke up early to straighten things up in the apartment before the cleaning woman arrived (cleaning woman! CLEANING WOMAN!). And before you mock me for cleaning before she got there, bear in mind that it was mostly bagging recycling, putting away the dishes, and such like that. Anyway, she arrived and a short time later, the apartment had that lovely "clean" smell. Delicious! In the afternoon, I headed up to Westchester to meet my mom, and drove with her up to Garrison for my cousins' graduation party, where I got to play with my niece and my cousins' new puppy (she's a golden labradoddle!), and headed back into the city on the second to last train from the 'burbs.

Sunday, still soggy and hot, the roomie and I turned on the AC and played video games. I knocked out another TF on CoH, while Keeley played some kind of raccoon on his borrowed Playstation. After dinner, I signed back on with a yen to do a Mayhem Mission, but the lag was b-a-d, so we just lined a couple up and called it a night.

Now, my lunch got canceled (yay!), but I have to get a manuscript out to some scouts, so I should finish procrastinating and get on that. Laters!

3 Comments:

Blogger Ted Carter said...

"lined a couple up" is, I hope, in no way synonymous with "did a couple lines."

6/26/2006 5:41 PM

 
Blogger ktbuffy said...

Dude. Totally. *sniff*

No, not really. Just got the missions queued up and ready to go for when the lag's not quite as horrific.

6/26/2006 5:49 PM

 
Blogger The Girl in Black said...

Sounds like Keeley was playing Sly Cooper, the thieveous raccooneous. He's silly.

6/28/2006 10:44 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home