A geeky girl living in the big city, making her way, the only way she knows how... no wait, that's The Dukes of Hazzard. Who am I again? Oh yeah, a pop culture obsessed writer, publishing person, and occasional nerd. And I'm getting married. I talk about that, too.

Monday, April 17, 2006

Of bunnies and eggs

I tried to post a cute picture of my little munchkins (my nephew and two nieces) yesterday, but couldn't get a consistent signal in the wilds of New Jersey to send the picture message to my blog. Anyway, yesterday with another beautiful Spring day, and the roomie and I took the train out to my sister's newly renovated house, for dinner. First, we were put to work assembling and then hiding 60 Easter Eggs, after which we were allowed to enjoy the chocolate-y spoils. (And not, in fact, spoiled chocolate, which isn't enjoyable in the least.)

My sister was also very happy to show the whole family around the additions to her house -- besides a kitchen bigger than my old studio apartment, easily, her new closet in the master bedroom would almost certainly quality as a bedroom in NYC. Heck, I think it's bigger than the roomie's bedroom now! She has a shower that would fit a dozen people, it seems, and a jacuzzi tub for multiples as well. Every once in a while I suffer from twinges of spatial envy...

Not too bad getting back to work today, even after a lovely long weekend. Can't seem to find any correspondence on one of the manuscripts I read this weekend, which is a little odd, since I'm usually quite good about tracking submissions. And besides my annual cocktail party planning, for which I'm waiting on a menu from our caterer, we had a nice office lunch today with a couple of editors, and are having an afternoon meeting in about another hour where I believe we'll have pastry treats. My job is yummy.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home