A geeky girl living in the big city, making her way, the only way she knows how... no wait, that's The Dukes of Hazzard. Who am I again? Oh yeah, a pop culture obsessed writer, publishing person, and occasional nerd. And I'm getting married. I talk about that, too.

Wednesday, April 12, 2006

This Just In!

One of my blogging compatriots just shared this message sent to his coworkers in Bangalore:
Due to the death of a famous film star, Raj Kumar, riots are starting to break out in the city. Everyone has been asked to stay at the building until they know that it is safe to leave. As a result, the state has declared a holiday tomorrow in addition to the Good Friday holiday.
Now, though I'd think if our city was going to riot over the death of a star, it would have already done it over Don Knotts' passing, still, I have one important question:

Are we going to get a day off when Tom Cruise's baby is born?

Hubbard. Little Hubbard. Wee Little Hubbard. Wee Little "Got a Cra-zee Dad" Hubbard Holmes-Cruise.

Because honestly, who's going to be doing any work? Not me. All the women wil be muttering about how the Scientologists are making poor Katie give birth in silence, the parents are all going be alarmed at the thought of not talking to the wee one for a week after it's born, the guys will be trying to convince themselves that "No, he's not gay. See? He had a kid!" -- it just goes on and on and on.

Anyway, I think we should get our elected officials on board with this. Who's with me?

P.S. Go read the adventures of the time-traveling MJ. You'll laugh.

3 Comments:

Blogger Boulder Dude said...

Again...more greatness from MJ, and I want a washing machine like that one!

Much better than the $1000.00 to replace to stackable one I am currently in possession of.

4/12/2006 12:14 PM

 
Blogger Ted Carter said...

I had no idea Raj Kumar had passed on. That's it; I'm going home.

4/12/2006 2:48 PM

 
Blogger ***Dave said...

Hell with going home -- I'm rioting!

4/12/2006 8:15 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home