A geeky girl living in the big city, making her way, the only way she knows how... no wait, that's The Dukes of Hazzard. Who am I again? Oh yeah, a pop culture obsessed writer, publishing person, and occasional nerd. And I'm getting married. I talk about that, too.

Monday, March 13, 2006

New Yorker-y things

Had a friend in town this weekend, so did lots of fun exciting New York things. Ate at my favorite Mexican place Friday night, walked off a huge dinner along the East River, and got ice cream at Cold Stone (which I know is not particularly New Yorker-ish, but it's one of THIS New Yorker's favorite things, so there. :P). Saturday was a truly gorgeous, amazing, warm and sunny day, and everyone and their mother was out and about, so we went downtown shopping on the Lower East Side, strolled along Bleeker Street and through the West Village, then subwayed up to the Upper West Side and walked around the Duck Pond and through the Ramble in Central Park, joining what seemed like millions of other New Yorkers out for some Springtime perambulations.

Saturday night, went with the roomie and other friends to Alisha's birthday party at her and Matt's place, and it was fun to show off their view. I need to put together the six-shot panoramic photo I took, from their view of the Hudson to Times Square.

Sunday was a bit rainy, but we hung out and watched Mirrormask, which was very cool, then went down to the South Street Seaport and did some souvenir shopping. That night, met Bloom and D. and others for The Fenians' show at Rocky Sullivan's, and got some great pictures and video footage, which I totally intend to post when I can hook my camera up to my computer and upload them all. (See the sidebar for a link to their site, for I am the lazy.) (Also managed to chip my tooth on a bottle of cider, for I am the suave.)

So, big fun! Catching up now on blog reading and work, and found this, which is a bit of both. If you want to read what she's talking about in its entirely before reading the commentary, voila. (For those too lazy or busy or otherwise unable to follow the links, it's Naomi Wolf commenting on YA novels like Gossip Girl and The A-List, and Jennifer Weiner commenting on Wolf.)

Later, skater!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home