A geeky girl living in the big city, making her way, the only way she knows how... no wait, that's The Dukes of Hazzard. Who am I again? Oh yeah, a pop culture obsessed writer, publishing person, and occasional nerd. And I'm getting married. I talk about that, too.

Monday, March 06, 2006

Close, but no cigar

Watched the Oscars last night, with few vehement reactions to dresses (hated Naomi Watts', loved Rachel Weisz's), and a bunch of "eh"s. Jon Stewart was funny, though I'm amazed that all the Monday-morning media quarterbacks are saying he tanked. Big surprise that "Crash" won, which, if nothing else, proves how self-important the Academy thinks it is. I got 15 out of the 24 categories right in my Oscar pool, and briefly thought I tied for first, but the leader miscounted his own ballot, and I have to settle for second. Sigh.

Looking forward to reading the Go Fug Yourself recap of the fashion missteps on the red carpet. Until then, I guess I should do some work. I'm not at work on Thursday, to go read for my 6 year-old nephew's first grade class, so I have to try to do four days' work in three.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home