A geeky girl living in the big city, making her way, the only way she knows how... no wait, that's The Dukes of Hazzard. Who am I again? Oh yeah, a pop culture obsessed writer, publishing person, and occasional nerd. And I'm getting married. I talk about that, too.

Wednesday, March 08, 2006

Stuffed!

Had a big, important, meet-with-an-editor-about-a-client-and-an-offer lunch today, and I think I'm waddling. Went to a Greek restaurant near Carnegie Hall that I'd been to once before, and previously had a crab cake, which is one of my favorite things to eat. I'm not a huge fan of Greek food, so I headed over there today thinking, "Well, at least I know I liked the crab cake, and I can always get that." Get to the restaurant, and what do I find? No crabcake (must have been a special). So I try the lamb ravioli, and oh.my.god. Yum-my. And I forgot how good the pita pieces were that they served for bread.

Altogether, delicious, and a useful, interesting lunch in terms of work.

In not-so-happy news, we're still having leak problems from Crazy Dog Lady's apartment upstairs from us, and I've been leaving messages all over the place, trying to find someone at the landlord's office who can tell me something useful about what they're going to do to fix things. It was when I mentioned that having sewage leaks in our living space seemed like a good reason to not pay the rent that I think they started paying attention. Really don't want to have to deal with this over the coming weekend.

And finally, a little shout-out to the good taters over at the Museum of Television and Radio, who have an interesting blog about... you know... tv and radio stuff. Go check it out. Comment on it. Link to it. You know you want to. (Ok, ok, ok, so my friend's husband works there. But it's really good, I swear!)

4 Comments:

Blogger Miss Midwesterly said...

small, small world. i wonder if he knows my acquaintance that works there.
and, oh my god, was it molyvos? i love that place.

3/08/2006 4:11 PM

 
Blogger ktbuffy said...

It was Molyvos! Yes! And I was sitting right next to Bill Moyers!

3/08/2006 4:14 PM

 
Blogger ***Dave said...

Mmmmm. Lamb ravioli ...

3/09/2006 1:10 PM

 
Blogger Sean said...

Crazy Dog Lady?

You live below an insane human/canine hybrid?

And she leaks?

Whoa. I knew New York was cutting edge and all, but this...

--Sean

3/09/2006 7:48 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home