A geeky girl living in the big city, making her way, the only way she knows how... no wait, that's The Dukes of Hazzard. Who am I again? Oh yeah, a pop culture obsessed writer, publishing person, and occasional nerd. And I'm getting married. I talk about that, too.

Friday, March 03, 2006

Contractually delicious!

Got the contract yesterday for the short story we sold, and brought it into the office today to ask one of the guys in our legal department to take a quick look at it. Or so I thought. There's blue writing all over it now. Lots of suggested changes, all to protect the writer, but still... gulp. Hoping that the publisher doesn't bulk and toss me out of the collection for requesting a whole bunch of changes. I'm told that's very unlikely, but still...

Anyway, it will be published in August! Cover soon.

6 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

To which I can only add a semi-self-congratulator woot. :)

3/03/2006 2:12 PM

 
Blogger Ted Carter said...

Which story was this?

3/03/2006 2:31 PM

 
Blogger ktbuffy said...

The recently-announced short story sold to a British anthology. It's called Coda.

3/03/2006 2:39 PM

 
Blogger Ted Carter said...

Somehow I missed that one. Congrats!

3/03/2006 4:22 PM

 
Blogger Boulder Dude said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

3/03/2006 5:59 PM

 
Blogger Boulder Dude said...

Yay!

Get that bad boy written up and out the door. :)

Grats!

3/03/2006 6:00 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home