A geeky girl living in the big city, making her way, the only way she knows how... no wait, that's The Dukes of Hazzard. Who am I again? Oh yeah, a pop culture obsessed writer, publishing person, and occasional nerd. And I'm getting married. I talk about that, too.

Friday, March 31, 2006

Almost forgot to give this a title...

Nice quiet day at the office, and a beautiful spring day outside, with the tulips just about to burst into bloom on the greenbelt that runs down the middle of Park Avenue. I walked out of my apartment this morning, my light spring coat practically too warm for the weather, and noticed the trees on my street in bloom. Isn't it funny how you never seem to notice them about to bloom, just suddenly -- they're covered in blossoms? It's neat.

Work's been busy this week, following up on notes from the London Book Fair that my colleagues attended earlier this month. I spent hours each day, it seems, noting interest, following up on material sent, and sending copies of books. Still more to do, but at this time of the day, at the end of a long week, it no longer seems as pressing. The rest of it can wait until next week. No, the rest of it will wait until next week.

Had my writers group on Tuesday night, and shared with them the latest version of "HtDaS," which is really coming together. Still need to do some more tweaking to get it ready to show editors, but then... eeks. Submissions. And then who knows? Lifestyles of the Rich and Famous, here I come.

Working on other writing, too. Starting up a new Storyball for April, so I'll have fun, short little deadlines every few days, plus another deadline at the end of the month for another anthology by the people publishing "Coda." Got our story plotted out, mostly, just need to write it.

Not this weekend, though. Got an out-of-town guest again, so there will be fun and festivities, and a concert Sunday night that I'm really looking forward to. I'm hoping the weather holds, since we have some outdoorsy stuff planned, and it's no fun walking around the Big Apple in the rain. Well, ok, not in heavy rain.

2 Comments:

Blogger ***Dave said...

Have fun!

3/31/2006 5:32 PM

 
Blogger ktbuffy said...

Who doesn't like tulips, Avo?!? Actually, I got some great shots of flowers this weekend -- mostly daffodils and hyacinths -- that I will post when I get them uploaded.

4/03/2006 5:40 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home