A geeky girl living in the big city, making her way, the only way she knows how... no wait, that's The Dukes of Hazzard. Who am I again? Oh yeah, a pop culture obsessed writer, publishing person, and occasional nerd. And I'm getting married. I talk about that, too.

Wednesday, January 18, 2006

Remembered what it was...

...that I was going to say. Coming home last night, it felt weird not to see mountains in the distance. It felt weird not to see "distance," actually. I mean, nice to be home, certainly. Warm and cosy in my little apartment, everything familiar around me, chatting with the roomie as he played a computer game, catching up on my DVR'ed shows. But still...

Weird.

10 Comments:

Blogger Boulder Dude said...

Yes....

And wierd for other reasons as well. One of which was not having people around in the mornings and evenings. I think it is a good thing that I miss that. ;P

Also, not waking up and having every animal in the house next to me in the morning was also an odd sensation yesterday.

Lack of "Distance" is the one thing that really tends to make me freak out when I go back east. Not being able to see 100 miles at a glance takes some getting use to. That must be why Yorkshire was my favorite part of the UK. Hills and I could see "distance".

1/18/2006 12:29 PM

 
Blogger Unknown said...

I checked with the mountains this morning, and they miss you, too.

1/18/2006 1:11 PM

 
Blogger Jackie said...

There's a reason why so many of us have gathered here :).

Oh and I recommend shopping therapy. It worked for me today.

1/18/2006 2:27 PM

 
Blogger ktbuffy said...

Shopping, huh? You're speaking my language.

1/18/2006 2:37 PM

 
Blogger Jackie said...

Old Navy = huge sale....just saying.

1/18/2006 2:51 PM

 
Blogger ***Dave said...

Heck, it even made Jackie so jolly she swung by Tokyo Joe's for lunch!

1/18/2006 3:24 PM

 
Blogger Hythian said...

Yeah. Was weird at home last night, and more so this morning, to have it be so quiet and empty.

The lack of horizon freaked me out when I was in eastern NC. That and the fact the sky was one solid color with no clouds most of the time.

1/18/2006 3:50 PM

 
Blogger Ted Carter said...

Yeah, I feel strange since getting back, too.

And I know, you're all going to say, "But you weren't there."

To which I reply, "Not that you know about..."

1/18/2006 4:53 PM

 
Blogger ktbuffy said...

*laughs*

1/18/2006 5:05 PM

 
Blogger Boulder Dude said...

See...

I thought that I saw Ted peering in the window at the Coffee house in Winter Park where they had the Hot White Chocolate. ;P

1/18/2006 5:05 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home