A geeky girl living in the big city, making her way, the only way she knows how... no wait, that's The Dukes of Hazzard. Who am I again? Oh yeah, a pop culture obsessed writer, publishing person, and occasional nerd. And I'm getting married. I talk about that, too.

Saturday, January 14, 2006

Quick post...

We're all just about to head out to the Stanley Hotel for a ghostie tour, and, if I could find the link real quick, I will share what I think of now when I picture the hotel. Ok, here. Heh. Funny.

Anyway, yesterday, before we hit the Tattered Cover, we also went to the Red Rocks Amphitheatre, and I'll have to post a pic or two when I get the camera connected, because it was be-a-u-tiful. Calzones for lunch, and another fun stop at the mall, where, yes, I bought shoes. It seemed wrong not too.

And a final note -- watching "Coupling" right before bedtime makes one think about swex. I'm just saying.

9 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

LIKE YOU WOULDN'T HAVE. THAT IS A VERY POOR EXCUSE.

1/14/2006 11:09 AM

 
Blogger Avocet said...

A) What's the Tattered Cover?

B) What's "swex"?

I'm guessing that they are, respectively, a restaurant or bar and "swinging sex" (that is, sex involving partner-swapping), but as I've never been to Denver nor watched Coupling, those are just guesses.

1/14/2006 11:15 AM

 
Blogger ***Dave Hill said...

I would guess it's "Sweaty Sex," but ...

Sorry we missed the fun yesterday, but work, exhaustion, party prep, etc. See you soon.

1/14/2006 12:42 PM

 
Blogger Maureen said...

Hey, how do you make something into a link on blogger? I can't figure it out.

1/14/2006 5:55 PM

 
Blogger Maureen said...

OH MY GOD! IT KNOWS WHO I AM!

*draws gun*

*looks around*

1/14/2006 5:55 PM

 
Blogger ktbuffy said...

I've got you now...

And I meant "Sex", not "Swex". But the discussion has been so interesting I couldn't bear to go back now and correct it.

1/14/2006 6:55 PM

 
Blogger Hythian said...

"Swex"? A contraction? "Swinger Sex"? "Swiss Sex"?

Oh, and the Tattered Cover was a very big bookstore ( I still think Powells is bigger ).

1/14/2006 7:42 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

http://www.ebaumsworldsucks.com

1/15/2006 4:30 AM

 
Blogger Avocet said...

>And I meant "Sex", not "Swex".

Ah! I hadn't noticed the proximity of the first three letters on the keyboard! I'm usually fluent in reading typo (as Lela said during our Shard TF last night).

Still, if you ever get up to this part of the country, maybe we can work out a version of "swex" that'll take the country by storm? Huh? What do you say?

Okay, if you're done laughing now, you can move on. I promise not to suggest anything like that again.

1/15/2006 12:12 PM

 

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home