A geeky girl living in the big city, making her way, the only way she knows how... no wait, that's The Dukes of Hazzard. Who am I again? Oh yeah, a pop culture obsessed writer, publishing person, and occasional nerd. And I'm getting married. I talk about that, too.

Monday, January 16, 2006

Had a thought

So, despite my best efforts (depending on what you consider "best"), I didn't get a chance to finish writing my "Footsie and Fangs" contribution to the "She's Such a Geek" anthology that was due on the 15th. I got some really good work on it done on the flight out here, but my battery died before I finished, and what with everything fun going on here, I haven't really wanted to lock myself in a room alone to write.

But then I had a thought.

I'll finish it on the way home, or when I get back to NYC, and send it in anyway, with a sweet little apologetic covering note:
To Whom it May Concern:

Fully realizing that this is late, you're of course under no obligation to consider this for your anthology. I'm just hoping that, given my theme of roleplaying and trying to meet guys, you'll accept that my reason for being late is that I traveled halfway across the country to spend a long weekend with a group of geeks and gamers I only knew through on MMORPG.
And then I give my little book blurb. Hopefully it will work. Fingers crossed.

Of course, i still have to finish it.

1 Comments:

Blogger ***Dave said...

Well, I'd accept it as a late excuse, but I'm something of a pushover.

1/16/2006 4:41 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home