A geeky girl living in the big city, making her way, the only way she knows how... no wait, that's The Dukes of Hazzard. Who am I again? Oh yeah, a pop culture obsessed writer, publishing person, and occasional nerd. And I'm getting married. I talk about that, too.

Wednesday, January 11, 2006

Need to be quick...

I've got that "day before a vacation" fervour to my work today, so this must necessarily be brief. Plus a meeting this morning, that took me away from my desk for over an hour, and a manuscript that I need to get out to about a dozen people this afternoon, as well as send a note to an author on his manuscript. And deal memos to do, thoughts about other submissions to think through, and at the back of my mind, concerns about packing and weather and stuff, and the realization that I still haven't actually mentioned to my mother that I'm flying across the country tomorrow to stay with a bunch of people I've never actually met before. I wonder if she'll notice that I'm not in the office? The problem with having not told her already, is that now it feels like I tried to keep it a secret, which I didn't. Not exactly. I just... hmmm.

The good thing about cell phones is that I'm reachable everywhere. I guess.

Ok, back to work!

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

DO NOT TELL YOUR MOTHER.

1/11/2006 12:43 PM

 
Blogger Boulder Dude said...

*Laughing* :D

1/11/2006 1:39 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Breathe in. Happy Place. Breathe out. :)

1/13/2006 2:16 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home