A geeky girl living in the big city, making her way, the only way she knows how... no wait, that's The Dukes of Hazzard. Who am I again? Oh yeah, a pop culture obsessed writer, publishing person, and occasional nerd. And I'm getting married. I talk about that, too.

Tuesday, December 20, 2005

Weird day at work

It feels a bit like a holiday, with so many people not in the office, and the phones barely ringing, that I have to keep reminding myself that it's only Tuesday. It is Tuesday, right? It didn't help that we had some sort of email problem earlier today, but that at least seems to be working now.

Anyway, though it's only just 5pm, our front doors are locked up tight, and we've pretty much been given the go-ahead to head on home. So I'll shortly be bundling up in my warm clothes, wheeling my bike to the freight elevator (they let me bring it into the building at lunchtime), and heading back uptown. One of the assistants just told me a judge is fining the Transit Union $1 million a day while they strike, so hopefully that will be an impetus to settle soon.

I brought my camera into work today, thinking I might try to get some shots of this historic strike, but all it looks like is just a lot of traffic.

9 Comments:

Blogger Miss Midwesterly said...

i am THRILLED that you ahve been riding your bike to work!

12/21/2005 10:48 AM

 
Blogger ktbuffy said...

Actually, I eneded up walking today. It's a fashion thing -- I wanted to wear a skirt.

12/21/2005 10:51 AM

 
Blogger Boulder Dude said...

See...

Another good thing about living in Boulder...Woman ride bikes and wear skirts.

12/21/2005 10:58 AM

 
Blogger ktbuffy said...

Ok, ok, ok, I accept that I *could* have worn a skirt and ridden my bike... but I also felt like walking and listening to my iPod of Christmas tunes. Though I'm kicking myself for not yelling at the woman who decided to ride her bike on the sidewalk, since she hit a pedestrian a few blocks later. Stupid people.

12/21/2005 11:18 AM

 
Blogger Jackie said...

You say skirt and bike and I am suddenly reminded of bloomers and having to wear them SO many times. I wish I lived close enough that I could bike or walk to work but alas I think 23 miles one way is a bit too much.

12/21/2005 12:18 PM

 
Blogger ktbuffy said...

Gee, so I should have pulled out my bloomers from the Ren Faire? Is *that* what you're saying?!?!

But yes, 23 miles is too far. For me, and most peoples I know.

12/21/2005 12:56 PM

 
Blogger Jackie said...

Ah but I can get to work in 30 minutes :).

12/21/2005 2:52 PM

 
Blogger ktbuffy said...

So can I!

12/21/2005 3:07 PM

 
Blogger Boulder Dude said...

Me three...but then I only live 15 miles from work, so it isn't all that much of big todoo.

Now, getting home from the Christmas dinner in 46 minutes, that is just good times. :)

12/21/2005 3:11 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home