A geeky girl living in the big city, making her way, the only way she knows how... no wait, that's The Dukes of Hazzard. Who am I again? Oh yeah, a pop culture obsessed writer, publishing person, and occasional nerd. And I'm getting married. I talk about that, too.

Monday, December 12, 2005

Blog Potato takes on Buffy

Blog Potato's most recent post, following their discussion of Superman and Batman, compares Buffy with Wonder Woman. Go. Read. Report back.

In other news, it's Monday again at work, and the pile of manuscripts I was supposed to read this weekend didn't get any smaller -- whcih is what happens when I don't actually read them. I'm hoping to get into them today at work. If I can manage not to be distracted by shiny things on the internet. Oooh, shiny!

But I did get my second villain on CoV up to level 10, and picked up a power that lets me bring folks back from the dead. So far, she's very interesting to play -- escpecially with all the zombies I get to tote around, it makes for a character that is, I think, the most unlike any of my others. And now, with the healing and the resurrection... well, she's just cool. I still need to write her in-game bio, though. Same with my stalker.

Oh! And I really like some of the maps in the game. Last night, I had a mission that took place on a cargo ship -- first on top of it, then inside. Very cool. Long, but cool.

6 Comments:

Blogger Hythian said...

My favorite CoV map so far has been the PTS themed version of the Council base map that came up near the end of Marshal Brass's first story-arc in Cap Au Diable in the 15-20 level range.

Having already done the Virgil Tarrikoss SF with another character, and having done silly amounts of research on CoV stuff for my site I knew what the secret was, but seeing the actual inside of the PTS work tunnels and all of the signs and just general neat layout design for it was much fun.

12/12/2005 11:41 AM

 
Blogger ktbuffy said...

Ooh, see, I did the Tarrikoss trial, but now I'm curious how it relates to the Marshall Brass arc, which I think I'm just about to start on with Shadowslip.

And did I tell you? I discovered the usefulness of having alts lies in beign able to go and do the content with one that you skipping or missed with another!

12/12/2005 12:23 PM

 
Blogger Boulder Dude said...

Marshall brass is fun except for the Bomb mission /9which, now that they have fixed the bombs, might actually be fun to do).

But yeah...that PST maps were fun. I have enjoyed all of the little tweaks that the have done to the map tiles, and wish that they would carry over some of those tweaks to CoH.

Yay! We will make an Alt-aholic out of you yet KT. ;->

12/12/2005 12:35 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

It's weird. I play one character in CoH (who is languishing very near level 49), but hop among three villains.

I wonder what this says about me...

12/13/2005 8:35 AM

 
Blogger ktbuffy said...

I think all it says are that villains are new and fun and different and exciting, and we all want to test them out.

12/13/2005 10:35 AM

 
Blogger Ted Carter said...

Buffy vs. Wonder Woman - If you're talking the Linda Carter Wonder Woman, I totally agree with the analysis. But if you're talking the Comic Book Wonder Woman, I'm afraid she'd kick Buffy's ass. No offense, KT.

12/13/2005 1:07 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home