A geeky girl living in the big city, making her way, the only way she knows how... no wait, that's The Dukes of Hazzard. Who am I again? Oh yeah, a pop culture obsessed writer, publishing person, and occasional nerd. And I'm getting married. I talk about that, too.

Monday, December 19, 2005

He wrote my number down wrong

Yep. He emailed this morning and said he tried to call four times this weekend, but kept getting an "out of service" message. And though I know I left it for him on his answering machine, and he confirmed I did, he said he erased the message after listening to it without writing my number down again because he thought he already had it. Except he had it wrong (switched two of the digits).

Which... *sigh*

Just *sigh*.

7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Now if that's not Kismet having a bad hair day, I'm not rightly sure what is.
At least that means it was probably just an honest mistake, and not him being a jackass.
But an iffy short-term memory like that might be bad for other numbers. Such as birthdays. Or Valentine's ;)

12/19/2005 12:19 PM

 
Blogger ktbuffy said...

Or, in my case, a Valentine's birthday.

12/19/2005 12:25 PM

 
Blogger Ted Carter said...

I trust he was informed of the need to make up for such a blunder, ya?

12/19/2005 12:56 PM

 
Blogger ktbuffy said...

Oh yes. Quite so.

12/19/2005 1:09 PM

 
Blogger Jackie said...

I believe it is time to introduce you to the concept of pessimism. I have found a lovely summer home there and live quite happily.

12/19/2005 2:17 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

What Mavra said.

You'd eventually just have to shoot him if he's that forgetful. Saves you trouble. :-)

12/20/2005 11:25 PM

 
Blogger ktbuffy said...

*laughs*
Thanks, Teresa! I'll bear that in mind!

12/21/2005 12:02 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home