A geeky girl living in the big city, making her way, the only way she knows how... no wait, that's The Dukes of Hazzard. Who am I again? Oh yeah, a pop culture obsessed writer, publishing person, and occasional nerd. And I'm getting married. I talk about that, too.

Tuesday, December 13, 2005

Writing to keep my eyes open

It's just after 5pm, and in a little more than half an hour, I can head out home, safe in the knowledge that my work day consisted mostly of a 2 1/2 hour, over $300 lunch, bookended by conversations about offers for a book I'm working on. The side effect of that full, delicious meal of pumpkin ravioli, sirlion steak, and warm chocolate cake with vanilla ice cream, plus a glass of red wine, is that all I want to do is close my eyes and take a nap. Which I really shouldn't do. Not if I want to get out of here soonish. Plus, tonight the roomie and I are heading out to buy a Christmas tree, and I want to get some holiday decorations up in the apartment. And I should figure out how much laundry I need to do, and what I'm going to bring for my trip this weekend, and figure out what I'm going to wear for the cocktail gathering I'm hosting tomorrow night, and when I'm going to make the rest of my Christmas presents, and then try to get into CoH/CoV...

And ok, I think I need that nap, just to keep up with everything I have to do.

It's probably not all that bad, but laying it all out like that makes it seems like a ton. Still, I'll get through the next couple of days, and once I get to Cincinnati, I figure I'll have nothing to do but relax and hang out with my friend (and those certain others I'm meeting with), so I won't feel quite so harried. And I'm looking forward to reading books, rather than manuscripts.

But first... a few more manuscripts to read.

And oh, I am such a wuss. I was listening to Christmas tunes on the way to work this morning, taking the bus down Lexington Avenue with the huge shopping bag of presents I brought in for my coworkers, and I nearly started crying listening to "The Cat Carol" by Meryn Cadell from the Christmas CD "A Winter's Night." I love this season.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow. You and I must be almost perfect opposites!

12/14/2005 8:56 AM

 
Blogger ktbuffy said...

Look, I'm not PROUD of almost starting to cry. But I shared it with you anyway, because that's what this thing is for. It wasn't as bad the second time. So there.
:P

12/14/2005 10:18 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh, no offense intended! I was speaking generally. "Cocktail gatherings," holiday decorations and carols, the whole "urban" lifestyle... We're just completely different! I enjoy hearing about your life for that very reason.

12/15/2005 9:07 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

kt, it's OK to cry to The Cat Carol. I certain did while I wrote it!

:-)

12/28/2005 2:29 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home