A geeky girl living in the big city, making her way, the only way she knows how... no wait, that's The Dukes of Hazzard. Who am I again? Oh yeah, a pop culture obsessed writer, publishing person, and occasional nerd. And I'm getting married. I talk about that, too.

Thursday, December 22, 2005

Jingle-y things

Listening right now to the horn section of Big Bad Voodoo Daddy take on Jingle Bells, and shedding all over the place from my purple pashmina. Little fuzzies flying around my office on the breeze from the vent above my head.

Walked to work again today, AND brought my camera, so maybe I'll get my act together and take some holiday-ish city pictures. I still haven't done anything about a Christmas e-card, which I want to get out tonight. Then I have a few more presents to wrap/finish making, and I need to figure out how much laundry I can bring to my mom's. The folks orchestrating the transit strike have gone back to the negotiating table, so there's some hope it might be over soon, but I'm still planning on having to walk to the train station, so I have to pack light. Well, as light as I can with presents and my little lappy to bring. So there's a good chance I'll just be wearing the same thing or two all weekend.

Oh! But exciting big news! MMJ is no longer with her previous agent, and has crossed over to the dark side... I mean, has signed with me. Without actually signing anything just yet. Which doesn't make things any less official, except in the purely literal sense. Bringing my total number of clients to... drumroll, please... 5.

I know it doesn't sound like much, but there's a few more unofficially for now, and I'm being very select.

And I sent in a professional registration request for the New York Comic-Con in February, which is just cool. Though I'm tempted to buy the regular ticket too, since then I get a limited edition "Serenity" action figure. And there goes my mind, wandering, wondering just what accessories a Kaylee action figure might have.

Ahem. Anyway...

If the strike continues, our office will be closed tomorrow, though otherwise we only have a half-day, so that's not too bad. I got through three mansucripts yesterday, and should be able to devote some more time this afternoon to reading a few more, so I have more time over the holiday break to read for fun. And write. And play. And be social with my family and friends.

Joyeux Noel!

2 Comments:

Blogger Boulder Dude said...

*Laughs*

Well, a Kaylee action figure would have...ummm...something mechanical.

12/22/2005 1:43 PM

 
Blogger ktbuffy said...

Oooh -- update! We're closed tomorrow. Yippie!

12/22/2005 2:03 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home