A geeky girl living in the big city, making her way, the only way she knows how... no wait, that's The Dukes of Hazzard. Who am I again? Oh yeah, a pop culture obsessed writer, publishing person, and occasional nerd. And I'm getting married. I talk about that, too.

Wednesday, December 07, 2005

Stuff I need to write

Been meaning to get this down somewhere, so I may as well do it here. It's a good little checklist for me, in terms of projects I'm working on -- or want to be working on.

Deadline wise, Yi Shun told me about an anthology looking for submissions from female writers on the topic of "She's Such a Geek," that's due by January 15th, so I need 3,000 to 6,000 words on that. My initial thought right now is to rework the proposal for "How to Date a Superhero" for a stand-alone essay on the same topic.

There's another anthology deadline of January 31st on the topic of "Sex and Music" which intrigues me. That one's 4,000 to 6,000 words.

Even sooner, I have to turn something into my writer's group for critique for Monday, December 12th. I'm thinking of giving them one of my Storyball contributions, and see what they think of it as a stand alone. Partly out of curiosity, partly because I haven't done anything else in the last few weeks!

Then, there's no set deadline, not externally, at least, but I really want to rework "How to Date a Superhero" in the next week, before I head to Cincinnati and a possible meeting with one of the guys profiled in the piece. Which would help with the "She's Such a Geek" essay, so there's that.

And then I'm having some fun with roleplaying some stories on CoH, mostly to do right now with my main character's boyfriend's death. Sturm und drang, and all very sad. On the plus side, it's really making me want to spend more time playing her, as opposed to my two new villains on CoV. Which reminds me I need to write both of their I.D. cards, too.

And I think that's about it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home