A geeky girl living in the big city, making her way, the only way she knows how... no wait, that's The Dukes of Hazzard. Who am I again? Oh yeah, a pop culture obsessed writer, publishing person, and occasional nerd. And I'm getting married. I talk about that, too.

Sunday, November 27, 2005

*sniff, sniff* Movie review

Just got back from seeing the latest version of Pride and Prejudice, and I'm still sniffling. I admit it, I'm an unabashed romantic, and movies like that, books, all of it -- just make me want all that for myself even more. Even as the cynical New Yorkers next to me sniggered through the final scene, the sentiment, the feelings behind the cheesy tacked-on Hollywood ending ring true for me with a hollow echo of "I Want."

And then the scene with her father -- it's moments like that, even cinematic, that drive home my loss. Someday, hopefully, I will get married, and my father won't be around to walk me down the aisle, or give me away, or be asked for permission. And now I'm crying again, because I'm a dreadful sap, and overly emotional, and I just love a good love story.

I'm off to go sop up my tears with some more turkey leftovers.

5 Comments:

Blogger Boulder Dude said...

Awwww.... :)

11/28/2005 9:49 AM

 
Blogger Ted Carter said...

And I'm not too much of a man to acknowledge that sometimes a good cry can really do you good.

11/28/2005 10:37 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Why didn't you just ask? *I* will take you down the aisle! It will be great! We'll knock down anyone who gets in our way! It will be like Kill Bill, but violent!

11/28/2005 2:08 PM

 
Blogger ktbuffy said...

Oh, my anonymous friend, you are SO on!! Let's do it. Heck, why wait til I'm getting married, let's just find a church and do it NOW!

11/28/2005 3:04 PM

 
Blogger Hythian said...

Dibs on the TV rights for when it gets made into either a network TV movie about people going psycho in a church or a sappy Hallmark channel special!

On a more serious note, I'll have to actually see this most recent version of the book if you approve of it that much. Though more likely I'll forget until it goes to DVD and just rent it sometime...

11/28/2005 4:42 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home