A geeky girl living in the big city, making her way, the only way she knows how... no wait, that's The Dukes of Hazzard. Who am I again? Oh yeah, a pop culture obsessed writer, publishing person, and occasional nerd. And I'm getting married. I talk about that, too.

Monday, November 21, 2005

Weekend Recap

Yes, I really meant to get a whole LOT more done this weekend, but if I tell you all that I did do, maybe it will seem like more, and I won't feel so bad. Ok? Ok!

Friday night after a day at work when my computer was Still acting fussy (I can't merge from Access to Word, which is only something that I do, like 700 times a day!), I went home, grabbed some dinner, and got onto the roomie's computer for a little CoH time. After weeks and weeks and weeks of being at level 49, I finally finally! hit the big 5-0, with a lot of help from my friends. I got this shot, but I think someone else got an even better one. I mean, I hope.

So that was exciting! I made it to the top of the game, and it only took me, oh, over a year to do it. (And yes, I know that you can click on any random passerby whose name begins with a certain letter to find out just how many hours you've played, but why oh why would I ever want to know THAT?!?!?) I headed off to bed happy.

In the morning, the roommate told me one of the funniest Famous People Sighting stories I've ever heard. If you're here in NYC, you have to get him to tell it to you, but otherwise, I will say this: Sarah Silverman. Jimmy Kimmel. and HUEY LEWIS. I know!!

The rest of the day Saturday I spent reading a manuscript for work (which I must respond to the author about) and lollygagging about, then went down to the Lower East Side in the evening to meet a friend from work whose boyfriend was playing at a bar called Pianos, where a client of mine was also performing, at the very same time, but in a downstairs venue as a backup singer. So I got to see (and hear) them both. Lucky timing, what with who was running late, and who was cut short. It worked out well. My friend emblaze met me down there, and after the set, she and I headed to the famous Katz's Deli (Send a Salami to your boy in the Army!) and shared a delicious corned beef sandwich. Which, as I commented to her, is just about the only food I can think of that is considered a cultural artefact of both Jewishness and Irishness, and thus, one of my favorites.

We then headed back uptown to meet my work friend and her boyfriend again at his brother's CD release party, found a wallet on the sidewalk on the way, enjoyed the music for a while before finally deciding to call it a night, but not before stopping at the police station in the Columbus Circle subway station to turn it said wallet. I'm such a good citizen! I hope it gets back to the girl who lost it.

Sunday, after sleeping in, I caught up on watching "Alias", played a little CoV and got my stalker up to level 10, and went to see "Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire" with the roomie, MJ, and a bunch of other fun peeps (whom I will have to give amusing nicknames to if they continue to feature in my blog. Guys, you've been warned!) Oh, Harry, Harry, Harry, Harry, Harry...

*sigh*

So good. Well done, Mike Newell. Well done, indeed.

After that excitement, I came home, read a screenplay for work, watched a little "Simpsons," and went to bed.

So, do I sound accomplished?

11 Comments:

Blogger Boulder Dude said...

Yes, yes you do.

Also, 'Grats again on hitting the big 5-0!

So, since I couldn't beat you to fifty, my new goal is to at least get there quicker then you did. ;P

Sounds like you had a gret weekend all in all. :)

I'll have to ask my Father how famous Katz's is. Corned beef in nummy...and one of my favorite's is corned beef with liverworst, bermuda onions, spicy mustard, and a littel swiss...good times.

Also, go you for being a Hero in NYC! :) I hope that the wallet gets back to the person that lsot it, and nothing important is missing.

11/21/2005 10:59 AM

 
Blogger ktbuffy said...

Well, Dude, if I never tell you exactly how long it took me, you'll never know, will you? Mwaahahahaha!!

Ahem.

11/21/2005 11:19 AM

 
Blogger Boulder Dude said...

Also...

You need to nudge the folks that got the good photo for a "Hero of the City" news article post. :)

11/21/2005 11:25 AM

 
Blogger ktbuffy said...

What do you think this little post here is all about, huh? Ahem!

11/21/2005 11:51 AM

 
Blogger ***Dave said...

Grats! (Dinged up to 40 myself -- 50 looks so close and yet so far ...)

11/21/2005 1:56 PM

 
Blogger ktbuffy said...

The long, treacheroous slope from 40 to 50 was long indeed.

11/21/2005 2:16 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yes yes consider me nudged. I just couldn't figure how I wanted to post it and was trying to come up with something witty. So to hell with witty and I'll do it tonight.

-Jackie

11/21/2005 3:23 PM

 
Blogger Hythian said...

When you are at 40, 50 looks like a long ways away. It is when you get to about 46 that suddenly 50 looks to be in reach... Tantalizing and just beyond your fingertips... Just a few missions more, it doesn't matter that your alarm went off and you still haven't slept yet... So close to 50...

11/21/2005 4:12 PM

 
Blogger Boulder Dude said...

Ok...

One depressing, and yet helpful feature of HeroStats is the amount of time based on your rate of XP until you make level.

This only time it gets fun to watch is when your countdown get's under 30 minutes.

11/21/2005 4:49 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congratulations.

Avo has pretty much stalled out at 48 for some time now. I just haven't been playing him much lately. (Thanks, CoV.)

After WillO'Wisp dinged 50, he, Fixette, Star Breaker, and Avo all checked their time online and number of sessions. They're all level 50, but Avo has been on for many more hours than any of them! (Will has been played 488 hours sincy May of 2004, and Avo has 1290 hours since, what, February 2005?) Avo's been on patrol 620 times, which is an evrage play session of 2 hrs, 5 minutes. I'm sure this is misleading because of disconnects and crashes, not to mention logging in briefly to check something, which shouldn't count.

I'm sure all this says something about my play style, but I'm not sure what.

So, Noelle, what's your breakdown? Or the rest of you, for that matter?

Oh! And while we were doing this, SB's player said, "Ok, I am mad now, Avocet, this NPC just asked me, 'Isn't Avocet the best?'"! SB and Avo have had a bit of a rivalry going for a while now, you know. Everybody laughed when I asked if the NPC was male or female. Not sure why that was so amusing to them... ;-)

11/22/2005 8:59 AM

 
Blogger ktbuffy said...

Hmmm... I'm not sure I actually want to know all that about myself. That way madness lies!

11/22/2005 10:29 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home