A geeky girl living in the big city, making her way, the only way she knows how... no wait, that's The Dukes of Hazzard. Who am I again? Oh yeah, a pop culture obsessed writer, publishing person, and occasional nerd. And I'm getting married. I talk about that, too.

Sunday, November 13, 2005

I'm back!!!

Oh, I missed you, all my lovely readers! And my computer -- oh sweet internet connection, how I missed you too!

Still, there were benefits. Lots and lots of benefits. Days spent sitting at the beach -- mostly at the club where my sister has a place in Key Largo, where I took the pic in the previous post, and where I spent long hours sleeping and reading in hammocks. Like so.

This was there, too, though we didn't go out on them. I just really liked the colors.

After six days (and as many books read), my sis and I drove down to Key West, and spent a few more days there, doing touristy things and enjoying the nightly show that is sunset at the Southernmost point in the U.S. Voila.

We also climbed a lighthouse, and went shopping, and toured Hemingway's House, and went snorkeling, and saw dolphins and lots of cats and roosters, drank a lot of beer and frosty beverages, and basically had a wonderful, relaxing time. I'm stuffed full of delicious seafood, and happy, and tanned. With only a few bug bites/possible jellyfish stings.

I took some arty pictures too.

Now, though, I'm home, and getting caught up on my writing, and my gameplay, and my reading, and tv-watching, and all that fun stuff. Oh, and I have to go to work tomorrow. Poo.

So, what have YOU been up to?

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Snorkeling! Dolphins! Now *that* I'd like! But if I had six days to lie around and read, it would be in the shade. Well, as long as you had fun...

Welcome back!

11/14/2005 9:31 AM

 
Blogger ***Dave said...

Yes. Though six days of lying around in the shade and reading, with a nice view of the beach, would indeed be nice ...

... if I also still had a broadband wireless Net connection.

11/14/2005 12:06 PM

 
Blogger Ted Carter said...

Ummm... I found a cure for cancer. But then I forgot what it was.

11/14/2005 5:05 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home