A geeky girl living in the big city, making her way, the only way she knows how... no wait, that's The Dukes of Hazzard. Who am I again? Oh yeah, a pop culture obsessed writer, publishing person, and occasional nerd. And I'm getting married. I talk about that, too.

Monday, November 14, 2005

New York's being very gentle to me

So, back at my desk, plowing through the assorted stuff that's piled up since I've been gone, and I just have to say... New York's been very welcoming. I mean, it could have greeted me with typical November weather -- cold and miserable, so that I got sick to go from sandals and bathing suits to sweaters and boots. Instead, it's picture perfect fall weather, and I'm bare-legged with just a light jacket. So nice.

Even work's not a killer -- I had word from an editor on my voice mail that she may make an offer for one of my authors, and while I've got a lot of work to do, it doesn't feel overwhelming.

Or maybe it's not New York -- maybe it's the aftereffects of Florida, my relaxation trickling down (or up the coast) to all aspects of my life. Who knows? But I like it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home