A geeky girl living in the big city, making her way, the only way she knows how... no wait, that's The Dukes of Hazzard. Who am I again? Oh yeah, a pop culture obsessed writer, publishing person, and occasional nerd. And I'm getting married. I talk about that, too.

Saturday, October 15, 2005

Saturday afternoon here in the UK

Saturday afternoon here in the UK, after a lovely lie-in. Which I get to blame on jetlag, even though I slept just about as late as I would on any other random Saturday if I were home in New York. Which I'm not. So...

Last night, Stacey and I walked back to the Keystone pub to meet her husband for drinks. His office was out wishing one of his co-workers well on his last day, so the place was packed, but they have a very nice little outdoor patio, so that's where we stood. And I only got my heel stuck in the wooden slats of the patio twice! Yay!

After one drink there, we headed out for dinner, but had to wait about an hour for a table at a nice French restaurant off the high street, so went to another pub, and met up with another group of Stacey and Richard's friends, before heading back to the restaurant for dinner. Where yet another friend of Schmoopie showed up. So yes, if you're getting the idea that this is a small town, you're about right.

But I already got my important shopping done -- bought the UK edition of Thud! by Terry Pratchett, plus Where's My Cow? and a few other books. Also got my sister her tea, but still need to get more for my sister-in-law. With no exact idea how I'm getting all this stuff home, but that's a worry for another day.

More later!

1 Comments:

Blogger Boulder Dude said...

Sounds like you had fun. :)

10/15/2005 9:57 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home