A geeky girl living in the big city, making her way, the only way she knows how... no wait, that's The Dukes of Hazzard. Who am I again? Oh yeah, a pop culture obsessed writer, publishing person, and occasional nerd. And I'm getting married. I talk about that, too.

Thursday, October 13, 2005

Ready as I'll Ever Be... I guess

All my bags are packed
I'm ready to go
I'm standin' here outside your door
I hate to wake you up to say goodbye
But the dawn is breakin'
It's early morn
The taxi's waitin'
He's blowin' his horn
Already I'm so lonesome
I could die

So kiss me and smile for me
Tell me that you'll wait for me
Hold me like you'll never let me go
'cause I'm leavin' on a jet plane
Don't know when I'll be back again
Oh babe, I hate to go

Words and music by John Denver

I do so love that song. It's corny, I know, but so am I. My bags are all packed and ready to go, I guess. Excerpt for my computer, which I'll pack up tomorrow morning. Gotta be able to check my email first thing in the morning, or I just go batty. (-er) It feels like I'm bringing a lot, but I don't think it'll seem like that once I'm actually in Germany. Maybe in England, but that's just the fun stopover, time-for-relaxation, before the heavy duty work stuff commences.

It's been raining like gangbusters for days, so all I can hope is that it won't affect my flight tomorrow night, and that I'll be able to get all my luggage to work tomorrow morning with a minimum of fuss or drenched Kate.

I didn't get any more work on my proposal done this week, but I'm bringing it with me, so there's still a chance that I will. You know, in my bountiful free time. (Yeah, right.)

And I'm hoping I'll be able to update regularly from the road, and will try to add pictures whenever possible. In the meantime, try not to have too much fun without me.

6 Comments:

Blogger Rob S. said...

Have a great flight, KT!

10/13/2005 1:01 AM

 
Blogger Rob S. said...

And a great trip, too, come to think of it.

10/13/2005 1:02 AM

 
Blogger Hythian said...

Take care, be safe, have a great time, and know that you will most certainly be missed.

10/13/2005 2:29 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yes, I'll echo the above sentiments. You probably can't tell, but I read your blog daily.

10/13/2005 10:01 AM

 
Blogger ***Dave said...

Always preferred the Peter, Paul & Mary rendition, but I'm a nut for close harmony.

Safe travel!

10/13/2005 10:28 AM

 
Blogger Boulder Dude said...

Have fun, and travel safe!

10/13/2005 10:43 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home