A geeky girl living in the big city, making her way, the only way she knows how... no wait, that's The Dukes of Hazzard. Who am I again? Oh yeah, a pop culture obsessed writer, publishing person, and occasional nerd. And I'm getting married. I talk about that, too.

Tuesday, October 11, 2005

Shocked and surprised

So, my little CoH character got promoted last night, made an officer of her supergroup. And I really had no idea it was coming. There were times when I thought it'd be cool, but then I'd hear about various hullabaloos on the leader boards, and things like that, and I thought, "No thanks, perfectly happy just to play."

But honestly, I am so thrilled! Plus, it's something I can do with her now that I'm so close to level 50. I mean, I'm just about to run out (sort of) of my own content, and now I have a bona fide reason for exemping down and playing with lower level characters.

Of course, I guess I have to do interviews now. Gonna have to see how those go, get some advice from others on what to say, what to ask.

And afterwards, a team made mostly of members of our supergroup saved Statesman from his evil doppelganger, which kind of feels like the ultimate mission.

Anyway, it was a nice way to leave things for now, since I doubt I'll get to play again before I head to Europe.

5 Comments:

Blogger Boulder Dude said...

Yes...

And for you here!

BANZAI!

'Grats!

w007!

Huzzah!

And as to interviews....I have no idea what the Knights do....but for me...Macros are your friend for rote/standard things you will say at every interview.

10/11/2005 12:43 PM

 
Blogger ***Dave said...

Congrats! I have no doubt you'll do fine.

Macros are good, but so's a general outline of what you want to do (sort of like, well, a job interview outline), since the conversation may wander.

Fazenda and Araware look forward to the experience.

10/11/2005 3:05 PM

 
Blogger Hythian said...

I really don't know what the Knight interviews are like. All of my Knights ( the original Nightborn, the second Nightborn, Golden Flash, Chilljoy and Kin Bot 3100 ) have had very different interview experiences.

Anyways, we'll miss you if you don't make it back on before you leave for Europe, but have a good trip, and come back safely and know that we'll all be waiting to hang out with you again online when you do get back.

10/11/2005 3:08 PM

 
Blogger ktbuffy said...

Thanks, guys! Oh, and I had to laugh. When my roomie came home late last night, just as the couch thing was winding down, and I gleefully blurted out, "I got promoted!" he naturally replied, "At work?"

And I had to explain, uh... no.

:)

10/11/2005 3:32 PM

 
Blogger Lela said...

So happy for you when this happened! :)

Congrats, sweetie. And have a great trip!

10/12/2005 3:37 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home