A geeky girl living in the big city, making her way, the only way she knows how... no wait, that's The Dukes of Hazzard. Who am I again? Oh yeah, a pop culture obsessed writer, publishing person, and occasional nerd. And I'm getting married. I talk about that, too.

Wednesday, October 12, 2005

Pampering

Got a haircut last night, in prep for the big trip, and man, but there's just something so relaxing about being pampered like that. It's the whole atmosphere of the salon, I think. Knowing as you walk in there that they're going to take care of you -- offer you a drink, take your coat, make sure you're comfortable -- and then, bliss. The shampoo. Lying back in a comfy chair, feet up, nothing to do but zone out as someone massages your head. Honestly, it's like a mini spa day. An instant trip to relaxo-ville.

Hoping today to get a manicure and pedicure, which covers much the same territory. It's pampering, pure and simple, and I love that feeling of someone doing for me, taking care of me and my needs. And again... the massage. I could just melt.

I honestly can't fathom why some people don't like massages. Even a bad massage is likely to hit some of the right spots some of the times. And a good massage... man, oh man. Bliss. Pure and total bliss.

Even better if you don't have to pay for it, if you're lucky enough to be with someone who likes giving massages, likes the hands-on. Heh. Although, for the rest of us who aren't so lucky -- a little decorum, if you please? Though I'm a sucker for a massage, I'm not all that about the p.d.a.

(I was going to say "unless it's mine," for the pithy joke, but that's not even true. I'd rather something secret, and private. Personal. So there.)

2 Comments:

Blogger Hythian said...

I have problems with getting my hair cut. Between glasses and having to take them off for it ( near-sighted ) and having hair that is the shade of red that most people spend years trying to dye their hair to... I end up with stylists having way too much fun playing with my head which just gets creepy after a bit. Way too many times have I had my eyes closed, just trying to relax and suddenly count five hands on my head playing with my hair and realize that all of the stylists on hand have come over to look at my hair.

Cuddling, touching, massaging good with people I know / care for. Strange random stylists deciding to fondle my head freaks me out a little.

10/13/2005 2:28 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This is all very weird for me.

I go into the barber shop, wait for the chair to be free, then say "Short, over the ears, tapered in back," and try to make it obvious I'm not interested in conversation.

I have to stop people (even pretty girls) who try to massage my shoulders at work. (Well, okay, that hasn't happened in over 15 years, but the principle is still in force.) It just hurts! Now, I've never had a professional massage, so maybe that's diferent, but I doubt it. I think I'm just so tense my muscles can't relax.

10/13/2005 10:06 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home