A geeky girl living in the big city, making her way, the only way she knows how... no wait, that's The Dukes of Hazzard. Who am I again? Oh yeah, a pop culture obsessed writer, publishing person, and occasional nerd. And I'm getting married. I talk about that, too.

Friday, October 14, 2005

Safely landed!

Took us about an extra hour to take off from JFK, but the flight itself was lovely and uneventual, AND I got to watch "The Fantastic Four."  Which was just about as cheesy as I'd imagined.  Delicious.

Now, in a cab on my way to Stacey & Richard's, having been met at the airport by a driver holding a card with my name on it.  Ain't I posh?

(Yes, I'm in the UK for less than 30 minutes and already I start using their phrases.  Although, to be fair, I use a lot of Britishisms in New York, too.)

1 Comments:

Blogger Ted Carter said...

But can you sing the song from Chitty-Chitty Bang-Bang about the Posh Travelling Life? Only then will you approach true snooty Britishness.

10/14/2005 3:34 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home