A geeky girl living in the big city, making her way, the only way she knows how... no wait, that's The Dukes of Hazzard. Who am I again? Oh yeah, a pop culture obsessed writer, publishing person, and occasional nerd. And I'm getting married. I talk about that, too.

Sunday, October 14, 2007

ZOO!

Someone told me it's all happening at the zoo, and after a trip up the Bronx Zoo today with Blooooooom, I do believe it's true! Highlights (given that I was with the Monkey Queen), were the Congo Exhibit (gorillas!), the monkey house (marmosets!), and Jungle World (bearcats!). Behold, pictorial proof.

First, a sleeping polar bear.Polar bear

A red panda, also called a firefox.Firefox

Giraffe! There was a baby in the pen, too, about a year old. Not sure if this is it, or its mom.Giraffe

Gorillas. We stayed and watched these guys for ages. Well worth the additional price of admissions.Gorillas

A bearcat!Bearcat!

And finally, a little monkey guy. Can't remember his name, but I liked his trick with his foot. That would be SO USEFUL for doing my own toenails.Pedicure

Labels:

4 Comments:

Blogger ***Dave said...

We have a new baby zebra in Denver. It looks very cute.

10/15/2007 12:23 AM

 
Blogger ***Dave said...

Said zebra: http://www.denverzoo.org/about/news.asp#zebra

Cute!

10/15/2007 12:27 AM

 
Blogger ktbuffy said...

OOooh! I wanna go see it!!

10/15/2007 2:52 PM

 
Blogger Unknown said...

Wasn't that the Langur from the Jungle World exhibit?
-Monkey Queen

10/23/2007 1:57 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home