A geeky girl living in the big city, making her way, the only way she knows how... no wait, that's The Dukes of Hazzard. Who am I again? Oh yeah, a pop culture obsessed writer, publishing person, and occasional nerd. And I'm getting married. I talk about that, too.

Saturday, October 06, 2007

Bugs!

I am not a fan of bugs. I'll just say it, peoples. I'm not going to beat around the bush here. Despite my early childhood adventures poking at roly-poly bugs, this is not something that still delights and intrigues the adult ktbuffy.

My least favorite Indiana Jones movie? The Temple of Doom. Why? Bugs!

But you know what I do like? Vampires.

So there I am, picking up an old Scott Westerfeld title, looking for a lovely book about vampire teenagers in NYC, hunting down other vampires, and what do I find?

Bugs!!

Worst than just bugs, PARASITES. That's right, bugs that live inside people!!

*Shudder* I tell you, after finishing that on Thursday night, I was looking forward to a bug-free Friday. I was very productive around the office, and came home to fun company and a planned night of watching movies.

Except, you know how we sometimes like to watch bad movies? Like, deliberately bad? Heinously bad? So bad they weren't so much released as escaped? Well...

We picked "Isolation." And there were bug-like creatures (you might even call them parasites!) that were hatched in genetically modified cows on the world's most disgusting farm.

So, I'm never ever ever eating anything rare again. Or going to an Irish farm.

Or, you know, looking at a bug.

Gah!

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home