A geeky girl living in the big city, making her way, the only way she knows how... no wait, that's The Dukes of Hazzard. Who am I again? Oh yeah, a pop culture obsessed writer, publishing person, and occasional nerd. And I'm getting married. I talk about that, too.

Thursday, September 27, 2007

A post-y pause, and some music

It gets a little frantic here around Unfeasible Enterprises in October, what with preparations for the Frankfurt Book Fair. I'm not going this year, which is a total relief, even though that means I'm not tacking on a vacation afterwards to somewhere in Europe. Instead, I'll be holding down the fort here in the office, and then heading out to Utah for a conference.

Before all THAT though, there are the preparations, which have been taking up a goodly portion (if by that you mean mind-crushing amount) of my work day. I missed NIA last night to stay late and work, getting home just in time to catch up on "Torchwood," pack, watch "Bionic Woman," and yes, ok, get in a couple of levels on LOTRO.

Tonight though, I fly out to Denver! Woot! I have three weeks of Entertainment Weeklys as well as the most recent issue of Modern Bride to catch up on, and a pile of library books to tote along as well if I feel like it. My work reading pile is manageable, so I'm leaving it at work, and will plan to tackle it once I'm back.

In the meantime... I got to thinking about some of the music Doyce and I have sent back and forth to each other, and tunes for the wedding beyond those our swing band will play. "Hey There Delilah" by the Plain White T's is a recent song that means something for us, but the lyrics of "Leaving on a Jet Plane" and "5000 Miles" are also resonant. So, a question for the forum (or the comment section, as it may be). What songs have special meaning for you and your sweetie?

While you're thinking about it, here's a link to some of ours.

Labels: , ,

1 Comments:

Blogger Lela said...

There's a song called "Love Me" by Collin Raye. Mike and I just grin at each other when it comes on, because when we were together in high school, he told me that he was going to marry me one day, and I laughed at him.

The lines that fit so well are "If you get there before I do, don't give up on me" and "Between now and then, until I see you again, I'll be loving you".

Sure enough, 5 years later, I had a dream about him, called him, and we were married in about 6 months. He's never given up on me. :)

9/28/2007 1:55 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home