A geeky girl living in the big city, making her way, the only way she knows how... no wait, that's The Dukes of Hazzard. Who am I again? Oh yeah, a pop culture obsessed writer, publishing person, and occasional nerd. And I'm getting married. I talk about that, too.

Tuesday, September 25, 2007

Fun facts about 200

- At a less well-known battle, 200 Spartans successfully held off 12 Greek toga-makers, who tried to convinced the muscle-bound fighters that they didn't need to show it ALL off. Yelling, "This. Is. SPARTA!!!" the Spartans tossed the Greeks and their bolts of fabric off some cliffs.

- It took 1 seamstress 200 hours to sew the gold beading on Eva Longoria's Emmy dress. It wouldn't have taken nearly that long, but the seamstress only had four fingers.

- I read over 200 manuscripts in a year.

- Much like a group of crows is called a "murder", and a group of otters are a "romp", 200 sparrows are a "ninja armada."

- The 200th song on my iTunes jukebox on my work computer, when organized by album name, is Beggar's Blues by Big Bad Voodoo Daddy. When I organize it by song title, it is Cheeseburger in Paradise by Jimmy Buffett.

- It took Fishnetmag 200 days to respond to a submission of another of my and Doyce's stories, but they said yes!

- 200 candy corn pieces are 18 points on Weight Watchers. For 200 points, I could have 2200 candy corn!

- Yesterday was 200 days until our wedding day!!

All of the above facts are patently false, gross exaggerations, based on bad math, or just plain wrong. Except the last.

Labels:

1 Comments:

Blogger DeAnna said...

Congrats on the story!

Congrats on the upcoming wedding!

9/26/2007 6:36 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home