A geeky girl living in the big city, making her way, the only way she knows how... no wait, that's The Dukes of Hazzard. Who am I again? Oh yeah, a pop culture obsessed writer, publishing person, and occasional nerd. And I'm getting married. I talk about that, too.

Wednesday, October 03, 2007

A good question

I try not to watch too many commercials, saving most of my tv-viewing until after the show I want to watch has originally aired by at least 20 minutes, so I can fast forward through all the ads. But sometimes, when the DVR gets stuck, I have to let some commercials play, and I caught this one line on a KFC ad:
So, what was the best thing that happened to you today?
I actually think this is a great conversation starter for a family dinner, and for a blog thread!

So, readers, what was the best thing that happened to you today?

I had a conversation with one of my authors that was incredibly gratifying -- I'll say more later when I can. Besides that, I had an amazing lasagna at lunch at Osteria del Circo. Delicious!!

Labels:

2 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

It was a pretty quiet day for me (worked from home), so... the competition is thin on the ground.

Umm. Okay, I'm not going to answer with some geeky gamer thing. It was nice to get stuff done, but no.

Kaylee snuck up on my while we were both still in our pajamas. I was reading work mail and she was supposed to be having breakfast. I hear the quietest of whispers at my elbow, turn, and she shouts "BOO!"

I jump and act surprised, and she was deLIGHTed.

That was a pretty good thing.

10/04/2007 11:30 AM

 
Blogger Unknown said...

I don't have much from yesterday - that was a crapy day - had to fire someone and that is just bad if you find too much gratification in that.

But I have a job interview today and I am going out on a limb that I am going to rock it - and then I get to go home to see the parents and Paige play some soccer this weekend. So future thinking, I am going to have some GREEEAT things going on the next few days.

10/05/2007 11:40 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home