A geeky girl living in the big city, making her way, the only way she knows how... no wait, that's The Dukes of Hazzard. Who am I again? Oh yeah, a pop culture obsessed writer, publishing person, and occasional nerd. And I'm getting married. I talk about that, too.

Monday, July 02, 2007

Clearly, Dave, you're not reading my blog carefully enough.

Because you tagged me for an "Eight Random Facts About Me" meme, and I already did it!

Now, if I were a very interesting sort of person, I could probably try to come up with 8 more random facts about me, but then we'd be getting into serious randomness. Like -- I currently have a blister on my left foot, exactly where my flip flops hit. And I'm a total spaz at round-ball sports, due to massive adolescent trauma caused at a grammar school game of dodge ball. My nails are very weak, because I bit them for years. Still do, sometimes, which is why I try to get frequent manicures. I told my niece that my psoriasis was "jungle rot," because that's what my dad used to call his. I'm looking for someone to take engagement photos of Doyce and I, but I'm cheap and just want a friend to it, since we're already going to spend nearly $2,000 on professional wedding photography. Which is nothing compared to what some brides spend -- I just read about someone who spent $6,000! I have a big pothos plant in my apartment that I named "Porthos." Over the years I've had him, I also had clippings that I rooted and named "D'Artagnan," "Athos," and "Aramis." I named my teddy bear Logan after a character on the soap opera "The Edge of Night." That same actor later played Blossom's dad on "MacGyver" (not as Blossom, obviously). And I'm incredibly nervous about some work-related stuff right now.

See? Totally weird and random. Not interesting at all.

Labels:

3 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

I like these. Dunno why, but I do.

Maybe because there were a few on here I didn't know. :)

7/02/2007 2:34 PM

 
Blogger ktbuffy said...

Is it the engagement photo one?

7/02/2007 2:42 PM

 
Blogger ***Dave said...

Jeez, Kate -- that was, like, a *month* ago! That's like a year in blog time! :-)

I would be willing to take photos of you'ns if you'd like -- I'm not a professional, but I have a bright shiny camera and I'm not afraid to use it!

7/02/2007 3:20 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home