A geeky girl living in the big city, making her way, the only way she knows how... no wait, that's The Dukes of Hazzard. Who am I again? Oh yeah, a pop culture obsessed writer, publishing person, and occasional nerd. And I'm getting married. I talk about that, too.

Friday, June 29, 2007

Eek!


I'm heading to the gym this afternoon after work to hit a pool and get in some running -- my two weak events. Yes, I realize that there are only three events in a tri. Shush!

I also booked my flights, so I'll get in Wednesday night, have Thursday and Friday to train and get acclimated to the altitude (hopefully), take Saturday off to go check in, do the course overview, maybe buy some last minute tri gear, and have a carbo-loading dinner with Yi Shun. Sunday is the big day -- although, by Sunday at noon, it should all be over, one way or the other. Monday, I'm trying to schedule a massage, or just otherwise relax, and Tuesday I fly home.

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

Blogger Boulder Dude said...

Take it easy Thursday and do a light workout friday just to see how you feel.

Granted, Altitude Sickness doesn't kick in until over 8k feet, but better safe than sorry.

6/29/2007 12:46 PM

 
Blogger ***Dave said...

Altitude sickness can certainly kick in lower than 8k (as various visitors here from sea level have attested). That said ... anything we can do to help (aside from RPGish goodness), just holler.

7/01/2007 1:07 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home