A geeky girl living in the big city, making her way, the only way she knows how... no wait, that's The Dukes of Hazzard. Who am I again? Oh yeah, a pop culture obsessed writer, publishing person, and occasional nerd. And I'm getting married. I talk about that, too.

Wednesday, March 28, 2007

Not a people person

Made it back safely to New York yesterday with a relatively uneventual trip on Frontier, although -- and I kinda feel bad that this bothers me -- I was roundly annoyed by my seatmate. I love my Ascent membership in Frontier's frequent flyer program. I love getting to board on the first call, and being one of the first few people off the plane when we land. I love my free Direct TV, and my window seat.

What I don't love is when I feel like I have to take up less space than usual because the person in the middle seat feels the need to take both armrests, and wants to rub his oddly hairly little arm up against me. Ick! And then, worst of ALL, he had the nerve to TALK to me!! The shame!

Now, I understand that some people are genial sorts, and I've heard of any number of people who've actually met friends and/or dates on airplanes. Not me. I have my headphones, my iPod, my aforementioned free Direct TV, my books and other assorted reading matter. So seeing all that, Mr. Middle Seat, what gives you the impression I want to talk?

And reaching for my seat button to help me recline? Uh, no. Quit it. Before I go all radical D on your ass. (Yeah, that doesn't actually mean anything. Pretend it does.) I was so annoyed, I considered not raising the window shade when he asked.

Well, not so much "asked" as gestured. After all, I had my headphones on and didn't hear. But that's my perogative, Mr. Middle Seat! I got the window! I have CONTROL!

Rant over.

Labels:

2 Comments:

Blogger Ted Carter said...

Amen, Sister!

3/29/2007 4:27 PM

 
Blogger Ali said...

I will say this in his defense, as someone whose bladder forces her to always sit on the aisle - having the window shade down makes me very nervous. I totally understand if it's hot or there's a glare but not being able to see outside makes me feel all closed in and crazy. That said, NOBODY gets both armrests. NOBODY.

3/30/2007 9:00 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home