A geeky girl living in the big city, making her way, the only way she knows how... no wait, that's The Dukes of Hazzard. Who am I again? Oh yeah, a pop culture obsessed writer, publishing person, and occasional nerd. And I'm getting married. I talk about that, too.

Monday, March 26, 2007

Ooooooooooh!

Via Neil Gaiman's blog, of course, the Stardust trailer. I can't wait to see this, and am looking forward to rereading the book as well.

In other news... Doyce and I registered for china and crystal! And it wasn't an agonizing event. Hoorah! I had a few pieces from a set that was my great aunt's, but I checked on the Noritake website, and the pattern is discontinued. We decided we didn't want to try to match the plates I had, but rather to go with something complementary, and I'm really excited by what we piked out. Once we had the china, and started looking at glasses, the perfect design just jumped out at us. What do you think?

Our china pattern, Noritake's Aria PlatinumFor tea!
And our glassware, Westerly by Lenox.Or iced beverages!

Kinda hard to find a good image of the china pattern, actually, since it's white on white, but we loved the Art Deco-esque polka dots and squares.

Now, if you'll excuse me, I'm off to go do some work. No, really!!

Labels: ,

4 Comments:

Blogger ***Dave said...

Very pretty.

3/26/2007 8:26 PM

 
Blogger ***Dave said...

Margie's comment was that china selection is a great early test of (a) compatability of taste and/or (b) ability to resolve conflicts.

3/26/2007 8:27 PM

 
Blogger Ali said...

Oh, love it!

3/27/2007 9:57 AM

 
Blogger Unknown said...

I love that people still pick out china and crystal. We never did, and I am not exactly sure what we would do if I had a cupboard full of it. Instead we have mismatched plates, platic cups that things we have stolen from bars. Nice! Good stuff to pass on to the children. I guess since you will have your own china, that means I get mom and dad's when they die:) Enjoy, it looks beautiful.

3/27/2007 1:51 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home