A geeky girl living in the big city, making her way, the only way she knows how... no wait, that's The Dukes of Hazzard. Who am I again? Oh yeah, a pop culture obsessed writer, publishing person, and occasional nerd. And I'm getting married. I talk about that, too.

Thursday, March 15, 2007

What a ride!


Needless to say, perhaps, for those of you who've been through this or can easily imagine, but it's been a bit of a wild ride these last few days! These gorgeous fleurs came in from MJ, with a card proclaiming "I so knew!". I've talked to family members, friends, coworkers, and everyone, to a soul, has been so happy for us.

Now, we have to get down to the nitty gritty! Trolling TheKnot for ideas of sites, thinking of dates, getting advice from folks who've been there, being astonished by the number of people I'd like to invite (who knew I was so popular? Heh!). I'm trying to take it easy, and not turn into a Bridezilla -- and I make this promise to my readers now, and all my real life friends. The moment -- the SECOND -- you see me inching towards Bridezilla-dom, you feel free to knock me down immediately.

Otherwise, we're already shocked by how much things cost. I'm trolling the blogs at Weddingbee.com for fun, budget advice, but if anyone comes up with others, I'd love to know. Let's make this a group project! The more the merrier!

Labels:

8 Comments:

Blogger ***Dave said...

I plan on being a frequent kibbitzer.

3/15/2007 10:32 PM

 
Blogger Unknown said...

When you say group project, you should really say delegation. I was one of those who did the whole thing myself and never let anyone else participate, even Reggie really - past picking out the tuxes and on the day of the wedding I was reduced to tears, shrieking at others to make a damn decision cause I was done! Done I tell you. We also got married away from my parents, bridesmaids and Reggie's family so for the most part there was no one to delegate to. But I have learned that if you look hard enough, there are always folks willing to help, that you don't have to hire. Always people willing to live vicariously through your joy!

3/16/2007 9:29 AM

 
Blogger Unknown said...

and please let it be known that I will do whatever I can to help, even though I am several states and a plane ride away. I would be willing to fly in to serve the greater good.

3/16/2007 9:31 AM

 
Blogger ktbuffy said...

I'm counting on all sorts of help from you guys!

As for delegation, I get to have all the ideas, and others get to find a way to make them happen!

3/16/2007 11:25 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

YAY!

We're thrilled for you, Katie-Did! And your magical Doyce too!

Much Love, Huge Hugs,
Always,
Amanda & Tim

3/16/2007 11:42 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

As for help, keep in mind what talents lay around you. I ended up doing all of the centerpieces for my niece's wedding last year and she was quite fond of them. (At least that's what she told me...) It's a great way to make people feel a part of your big day and it's a lot cheaper than trying to buy your way through it all.
Also, many folks nowadays are doing small intimate weddings (family only), then big parties with all of their friends later on. It's less overwhelming than trying to pack it all into one day.
Just a thought...
Again, much love, HUGE CONGRATULATIONS!
Always,
amanda

3/16/2007 11:47 AM

 
Blogger DeAnna said...

The more you have other people do things for you, the more you let them know you're all family.

But write your own vows, and make damned sure they say what you mean, not what other people expect to hear.

3/17/2007 2:32 PM

 
Blogger TeresaNoelleRoberts said...

Advice from someone who's been there: keep it simple so you two can have FUN on your day. Don't let family guilt you into something more elaborate than you want, need, or can afford.

3/18/2007 8:37 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home