A geeky girl living in the big city, making her way, the only way she knows how... no wait, that's The Dukes of Hazzard. Who am I again? Oh yeah, a pop culture obsessed writer, publishing person, and occasional nerd. And I'm getting married. I talk about that, too.

Tuesday, March 20, 2007

What I've been up to

My apologies for the lack of postings. I'm doing my best not to have this blog turn into a boring retelling of wedding-related tasks. It turns out, there's a hell of a lot to do to plan a wedding (especially in New York). Who knew?

Ok, fine. Everyone knew. I'm learning too, and have proudly bought my first few bridal magazines, and begun the process of going through them and marking pages I want to go back to, whether it's a hint on how to save money (working on it!), the neckline of a dress I like, or an idea for flowers or some such nonsense that never before seemed important, but is now VITALLY important to my future happiness.

Or so some of the books seem to indicate.

Still trying not to turn into Bridezilla, and very close, I think, to deciding on a location for the reception, as well as leaning towards a church ceremony. It'll make mom happy, and I'll admit, is what I always pictured when I was thinking about getting married.

In other news (yes, I can think about other things!), I was intrigued and a little uncomfortable with Sunday night's Battlestar Galactica. Some folks may not have seen it yet, so I invite a lively discussion in the comments. What did you think?

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

Blogger ktbuffy said...

First of all, it really felt like the work of very specific director. I mean, I noticed the shots and the framing.

Not to mention the fact that we've got our favorite sci fi drama turning into a courtroom battle, with witnesses just being debunked.

And then, the buzz and the music. So intriguing!

3/20/2007 1:41 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home