A geeky girl living in the big city, making her way, the only way she knows how... no wait, that's The Dukes of Hazzard. Who am I again? Oh yeah, a pop culture obsessed writer, publishing person, and occasional nerd. And I'm getting married. I talk about that, too.

Wednesday, March 21, 2007

His & Hers

Doyce and I have been playing around with a wedding website, and will continue to do so until it's poifect! Then we'll share. Anyway, one of the things on it will be a link to our registries, and I just saw this blog, which I thought was too perfect not to repost.
Here's a snippet of a conversation I had with my fiance this morning:

fiance: when should we start our registry? i definitely want a vacuum, knives, mixer, one nice plate set
mr. monkey: i want a giraffe, a swing set, and some gummy worms
fiance: cutting board, apron
mr. monkey: blow darts, giant bouncy balls, disco lamp
fiance: new sheets
mr. monkey: banana hammocks
fiance: comforter, tupperware
mr. monkey: robots, a tank of gasoline, firecrackers

There should really be a his and her registry.

Labels:

2 Comments:

Blogger ***Dave said...

"Dear Buddha, I'd like a pony and a plastic rocket ..."

Margie and I were lucky enough to have two households full of Stuff (eventually three), so we were able to ask for frippery like china and crystal and the like. Though we did want a common everyday pattern, too.

Home Depot is another popular place for registries -- not terribly romantic, but nothing like a Skill-saw to make a new household easier to deconstruct ...

3/21/2007 7:53 PM

 
Blogger ktbuffy said...

Thanks for the helpful hints. I've already consider going with personalized stamps -- I've had clients use stamps.com very succesfully, so I'll probably look there first. But thanks!

3/30/2007 4:31 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home