A geeky girl living in the big city, making her way, the only way she knows how... no wait, that's The Dukes of Hazzard. Who am I again? Oh yeah, a pop culture obsessed writer, publishing person, and occasional nerd. And I'm getting married. I talk about that, too.

Saturday, November 04, 2006

Tourist in NYC

So Doyce is in town again, which is delightful, and today we headed downtown via four subway trains and a bus to the Staten Island Ferry, where I was heartily disappointed on the ride OUT to Staten Island not to be able to stand outside, along a rail, buffeted by the wind with a warm cup of hot chocolate in my hand as we watched the Statue of Liberty appear and disappear along the starboard side of the ferry. I moped almost the whole way out to Staten Island, that it wasn't a real boat ride if you couldn't be out by the waves, merely a water bus. (Imagine that said with a high degree of disdain.) When we docked, we ran through the ferry terminal (as there's not good reason I can think of to actually stay in Staten Island) and caught the next ferry going BACK to Manhattan, which, thankfully, fulfilled all my rail-standing, wind-buffeted needs. Even though I finished my hot chocolate on the way out. And Doyce threw his against the glass in the ferry terminal before we even got on a boat. And so I took this picture.
Look kids! It's the Statue of Liberty!
Stopped by my sister's Tribeca apartment on the way home for a bathroom break and a couple of beers, then had a three-subway train trip home ("police investigation" at 28th Street caused honking long delay), and had yummy home-cooked dinner.

Tonight -- Doctor Who! Or another movie (watched Slither last night). Or Veronica Mars. The one thing I know is, there WILL be ice cream. And, as Martha would say, that's a good thing.

Labels: , , ,

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

1. I did not *throw* my hot chocolate... I clumsily knocked it over. :P

2. I have a double chin bigger than the Statue of Liberty! Go me! :P

11/04/2006 9:05 PM

 
Blogger ***Dave said...

But it's still a cute picture. :-)

11/04/2006 9:39 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home