A geeky girl living in the big city, making her way, the only way she knows how... no wait, that's The Dukes of Hazzard. Who am I again? Oh yeah, a pop culture obsessed writer, publishing person, and occasional nerd. And I'm getting married. I talk about that, too.

Saturday, October 28, 2006

Movie Soundtrack Meme

IF YOUR LIFE WAS A MOVIE, WHAT WOULD THE SOUNDTRACK BE?

So, here's how it works:
1. Open your library (iTunes, Winamp, Media Player, iPod, etc)
2. Put it on shuffle/Random
3. Press play
4. For every question, type the song that's playing
5. When you go to a new question, press the next button
Opening Credits:
"Singing for the Lonely" by Robbie Williams, from "Sing When You're Winning." A nice opening song, I think. Moving on...

Waking Up:
"Reel Around the Sun" by Bill Whelan, from "Riverdance." Now that's just spooky. Starts slow and quiet, like most days when I wake up, adds more layer by layer, and turns into something heart pounding and exciting, with drums and dancing. I like.

First Day At School:
"Too Many Fish in the Sea" by The Commitments, from "The Commitments, Vol. 2." Heh.

Falling In Love:
"Birdhouse in Your Soul" by They Might Be Giants, from "Flood." Yeah, that probably covers it. Wacky and weird.

Breaking Up:
Track 5 from a self-released album by Chris Seldon, a musician some friends and I met at an Irish music festival. Sample lyrics include "And I wanna be somebody tonight." Very cool.

Prom:
"It Takes Two" by Joanna Gleason and Chip Zien, from the Original Broadway Cast Album of "Into the Woods." Which, you know, works. Prom's better with two.

Life's OK:
"Full Throttle" by The Prodigy, from the "Life Less Ordinary" soundtrack. A little more driving and clubby than I'd have picked myself, but not unlike how life feels sometimes.

Mental Breakdown:
"Shapeshifter" by Josie And The Pussycats, from the soundtrack album. Again, I say: heh.

Driving:
"Another Postcard" by BNL from "Everything to Everyone." Ohmigod. So perfect. Reminds me of driving crosscountry with the Queen of Monkeys, Elena.

Flashback:
"Without Letting Go" by Laurie Sargent, from the "Party of Five" tv soundtrack. Lots of soundtracks. Which is pretty fitting, for a soundtrack meme. I picture me packing, for some reason. Shots of people traveling and moving through a crowded city goes very well with this music.

Getting Back Together:
Or maybe not. "A Quick One While He's Away" by The Who, from the "Rushmore" soundtrack.

Wedding:
"Hard Headed Woman" by Elvis Presley, from "50 Worldwide Gold Hits." Not the Elvis song I'd have picked, but it's got a beat, and you can dance to it!

Birth of Child:
"American Girls" by Counting Crows. Dear God, am I going to have TWINS?

Final Battle:
"Here and Now" by Del Amitri, from "Twisted." Not very fight-y. That's good, right?

Death Scene:
Beautiful. It's "New York, New York" by Frank Sinatra. Start spreading the news...

Funeral Song:
"Making Time" by Creation, again from "Rushmore". Over 4,000 songs on my iTunes, and I get two from the same album? Wacky!

Sex Scene:
"The Moonshiner" by The Fenians, from "Live At The Harp." Well, sex DOES often involve alcohol...

Dance Sequence:
"Leather" by Tori Amos, from "Little Earthquakes." Actually, I imagine this is quite a difficult song to dance to. Hmmm. Must have gotten my life soundtrack confused with my college roommate's, who did a ballet performance to Tori Amos tunes.

End Credits:
"One" by Johnny Cash, from "American III: Solitary Man." A great cover of the U2 song. "One love, one life..."

(via ***Dave, BD)

Labels:

2 Comments:

Blogger Boulder Dude said...

I don't know...

Listening to Leather right now and a waltz, a Reel or something with movement and light footwork might work out well with the beat and the rythm of the song.

10/31/2006 5:08 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

If I saw someone dancing to “Leather,” I doubt I’d be able to look away.

Anyway, great meme. I had to try it myself.

Rob

11/01/2006 4:51 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home